Mechanical Keyboard under 5000

setanjan123

In the zone
As mentioned in the title I need a mechanical keyboard with backlight(important). Uses will be coding and gaming. All the best keyboard lists that I find have keyboards that are all out of stock right now. Can anyone suggest me a good keyboard that is available right now?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If you get rid of the requirement to have backlighting, TVS Gold used to be my hands-down favourite budget mechanical keyboard. However I believe they no longer use Cherry keyswitches (this is something you must absolutely check out in person).

Taking a quick glance, there's a HyperX keyboard for 4990 on mdcomputers.

Not sure what switches they use for that, but it might be worth looking up.

*mdcomputers.in/hyperx-alloy-core-rgb-hx-kb5me2-us.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
If you get rid of the requirement to have backlighting, TVS Gold used to be my hands-down favourite budget mechanical keyboard. However I believe they no longer use Cherry keyswitches (this is something you must absolutely check out in person).

This is a membrane KB.

It clearly says membrane for that HyperX. Yes, TVS no longer uses Cherry switches. Black colour for it is a nice touch but still needs a backlit.

Gigabyte Aorus K9 was 5-6k sometime back, ask local sellers & see prices.

Under 4k, I have been eyeing some mech KBs, not sure about something worth it at 4-5k, most good ones from big brands are 6k+ at least:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07CN9JTWB/?coliid=IL87Z8W5D7B5Z&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it (3k, Outemu brown)
Amazon.in (3.3k, Outemu blue)

I will prefer brown over blue because of noise that blue makes. Ask local sellers or other sellers for stock & prices.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well derp, I misread membrane as mechanical at 2AM.

But yeah mechanicals at under 5k is nigh impossible from reputed brands.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
I researched a bit from r/MkIndia. The GK61 is a good one apparently. Researched a bit about it. It has gateron optical switches and the board is fully modular. But its only available on Aliexpress and banggood rn. It used to be stocked at mechkeys.

I researched a bit from r/MkIndia. The GK61 is a good one apparently. Researched a bit about it. It has gateron optical switches and the board is fully modular. But its only available on Aliexpress and banggood rn. It used to be stocked at mechkeys.
Yes, it is good. I totally forgot about GK61 as I don't like TKL & smaller KBs. It is a popular budget option but not easily found these days.

I think Gamdias has some decent budget mech KBs as well. Maybe ask for options & offers to seller here, do make sure that the seller is a reputed one by asking fellow members or seeing their history in the group:
AkExtacY

Neo

Yeah AliExpress and banggood have plenty options,I know a few -
Anne pro 2 (wireless 60% RGB prebuilt)
Gk61 (60%)
Yc66 (65%
Womier K66 (65%)

khalil1210

In the zone
You can also check keychron - Keychron K2 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard(Version 2) - Keychron

they have mechanical keyboards around 6K

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I currently own two mechanical keyboards:

Redgear Invador MK881 which I bought for about 4k INR from Amazon. I comes with Kailh blue switches (clicky). However, I faced an issue after about one year of using it: The D key stopped responding unless I hit it hard. Seems like a freak issue with the switch and I think I can fix it by exchanging the D switch with that of another key that is hardly used such as scroll lock. I am yet to do this though. So, basically if you are getting a keyboard with non-cherry switches or from Chinese manufacturers, then best not expect the keyboard to last long.

I have purchased a Logitech G512 for about 7k from Amazon. It comes with Logitech's custom GX brown switches. I bought this because the Redgear keyboard became too annoying to use and I don't own a soldering iron to replace the switch yet. Also, there is no guarantee that it would work even after replacing the switch and rather than risk it I just bought a new keyboard.

Basically, always try to get a mechanical keyboard from a known brand if possible. Even if you have to pay a little extra.

Last edited:
I currently own two mechanical keyboards:

Redgear Invador MK881 which I bought for about 4k INR from Amazon. I comes with Kailh blue switches (clicky). However, I faced an issue after about one year of using it: The D key stopped responding unless I hit it hard. Seems like a freak issue with the switch and I think I can fix it by exchanging the D switch with that of another key that is hardly used such as scroll lock. I am yet to do this though. So, basically if you are getting a keyboard with non-cherry switches or from Chinese manufacturers, then best not expect the keyboard to last long.

I have purchased a Logitech G512 for about 7k from Amazon. It comes with Logitech's custom GX brown switches. I bought this because the Redgear keyboard became too annoying to use and I don't own a soldering iron to replace the switch yet. Also, there is no guarantee that it would work even after replacing the switch and rather than risk it I just bought a new keyboard.

Basically, always try to get a mechanical keyboard from a known brand if possible. Even if you have to pay a little extra.
My friend has Logitech G413, it had double click issues, got it replaced once, again got same issues, have to again RMA it. Many don't recommend Logitech's mech KBs but others are surely better. Still paying 7-9k is too expensive.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I was just done with cheap keyboards and this was the only one that was delivering to me the next day so I went for it.

I was just done with cheap keyboards and this was the only one that was delivering to me the next day so I went for it.
Yeah, there are cases where cheap KBs do fail. But in some cases it works for years w/o issues, guess you pay for better QC with big brands but some cases like those Logitech surely annoys (they will replace problematic ones but going to service centre is a pain nonetheless).

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
I got mine for 3k but it is OOS now and has Chinese "blue switches". No clue about durability. Full RGB real good typing experience. No more membrane ever for me ;)

I got mine for 3k but it is OOS now and has Chinese "blue switches". No clue about durability. Full RGB real good typing experience. No more membrane ever for me ;)
Which one do you have?

I hate those cheap KBs with rainbow backlight which can't be changed. I'll pick one with even just white backlight over rainbow ones. Personally, I'm eyeing that Cosmic Byte GK11 with brown switches. It seems to meet all my requirements, still expensive though but after using my friend's G413, I understand why mech KBs are loved in spite of the cost.

Top Bottom