Md Level Gaming Laptop ( around 40k)

thinkdigit123

Broken In
I bought the Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m 2gb. I cancelled the Samsung np370 order from flipkart at the last moment (the product had arrived at my local hub :p ). I am so happy i took this Z500. If your budget is lower, then get the 1gb gt740m version of the Z500. My friend bought the 1gb version of Z500 for about 43k from Kolkata.

if u buy Lenovo Z500, then please post a review of it!
here is my review...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/175511-lenovo-z500-gt-740m-thread.html

BTW, i think the cheapest gaming laptop, with i5, as of today, is.....
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essential-...-ci5-8gb-1tb-dos-2gb-graph/p/itmdm4rmkkknhx4g

and with AMD config, the cheapest gaming laptop is...
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essential-...MDM799ZGJTXAVT&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computer_1

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought the Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m 2gb. I cancelled the Samsung np370 order from flipkart at the last moment (the product had arrived at my local hub :p ). I am so happy i took this Z500. If your budget is lower, then get the 1gb gt740m version of the Z500. My friend bought the 1gb version of Z500 for about 43k from Kolkata.

here is my review...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/175511-lenovo-z500-gt-740m-thread.html

BTW, i think the cheapest gaming laptop, with i5, as of today, is.....
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essential-...-ci5-8gb-1tb-dos-2gb-graph/p/itmdm4rmkkknhx4g

and with AMD config, the cheapest gaming laptop is...
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essential-...MDM799ZGJTXAVT&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computer_1

Thr budget is not a problem for me now
I can increase it upto 45k but i need long life so am not sure with the old architecture 740m i am in dilema again

thinkdigit123

Broken In
I can increase it upto 45k but i need long life so am not sure with the old architecture 740m i am in dilema again
bro, dont get into a dilemma again! The GT740m is awesome irrespective of the older architecture. Even i was of your perspective to obtain the most future proof PC out there but then i realised that even if i buy a Haswell with Kepler GPU, my PC must get outdated after 5 years. And now my Z500, with IvyBridge & GK208 GPU will be behind by about 10-20% from a Haswell & GK107 GPU in performance and it will also get outdated at the same time! So why to wait for Haswell and also shell out an extra 5000-10000rs for just 10-20% improvement?

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
bro, dont get into a dilemma again! The GT740m is awesome irrespective of the older architecture. Even i was of your perspective to obtain the most future proof PC out there but then i realised that even if i buy a Haswell with Kepler GPU, my PC must get outdated after 5 years. And now my Z500, with IvyBridge & GK208 GPU will be behind by about 10-20% from a Haswell & GK107 GPU in performance and it will also get outdated at the same time! So why to wait for Haswell and also shell out an extra 5000-10000rs for just 10-20% improvement?

I contacted lenovo to ask where is there service center and they told me to ask the dealer itself :lol:

And then i contacted the dealer and till now they have the old z500 .. They dont even know abt the new model with 740m :facepalm:

Top Bottom