Maxwell from US !!!

alien009

New to this forum
As you guys know Nvidia Gtx 970's are selling around Rs.20-23k non-reference models in US. In India these cards costs about Rs.30k+ (Talking about Asus Strix Gtx 970).
Extra 10k for Custom duties, Government Taxes. !
One of my friend is coming from US next week. Should I tell him to buy Maxwell and bring it here ?
Before making the call few things are concerning me !
1) I am not going to get international warranty if I chose gigabyte g1 (LOVE) or Asus. Is paying extra 10k is worth for 1 year service !
2)What you guys think about EVGA ? do anyone having experience with them ?
2) Will he be required to pay any custom duties or taxes on the airport for bringing computer component ? (if the box is sealed or unsealed)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Warranty on gfx card is 3 years AFAIK so paying 10k extra for 2 years of warranty is justified enough IMO.
2. You can consider EVGA as the best when it comes to providing RMA support. Same goes for their International and lifetime warranty. But you may have to incur the shipping charge to send the item for RMA.
3. Just throw away the box and make it look like an item for personal use. I think there's 25k limit so most probably your friend may bring the gpu with box pack.

anaklusmos

Youngling
I'm in the exact same dilemma, would like pointers from someone who has gone through this process earlier.
Also, there are some very cheap GPUs on the Newegg India website. Any idea on the warranty we get if we buy from there?

Innara

Broken In
2. You can consider EVGA as the best when it comes to providing RMA support. Same goes for their International and lifetime warranty. But you may have to incur the shipping charge to send the item for RMA.

I thought EVGA doesn't provide lifetime warranty for international? It's only the standard 2-3 years isn't it? If it's lifetime that makes it even more appealing for me.

napsterv

Journeyman
I thought EVGA doesn't provide lifetime warranty for international? It's only the standard 2-3 years isn't it? If it's lifetime that makes it even more appealing for me.

It's not actually lifetime warranty but extended warranty by paying a small fee. One more advice - DO not buy ASUS. Their cards have a lot of DOA situations. Even the users on foreign forums have reported.

Top Bottom