Max permissible ram upgrade on ASUS A550JX XX142

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Okay so I didn't know where to put this so I put it here :p
I recently bought ASUS A550JX XX142D for Light gaming and coding but there is one thing that keeps nagging me (Hoping someone who has that piece can answer this)
On EBay the seller says the Max support for RAM is 12GB: Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay
While on ShopClues the seller says the Max support for RAM is 16GB: *www.shopclues.com/asus-a550jx-xx142d-core-i7-4720hq-4gb-1tb-15.6-hd-4gb-nvidia-950m-graphics.html

Another point to note is that the seller is same -_- (Garg enterprises something something)
Sooooo I tried googling around and stuff but could not find a concrete answer so was hoping you guys can help :)

Thanks a Ton!

P.S. [Noob Question Incoming!!] I saw on yahoo someone said there are 4 empty slots >.> Soooo can the GPU be replaced as well? :D Or it is fixed with motherboard? :( And if there are 2 Slots for RAM what are others for? o.0 No SSD for sure I think :/ Thanks again!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Laptop mostly will have 2 slots. And about RAM, maximum should be 16GB as each slot can have upto 8GB. I am just saying all this generally.

Nobody replied here cause there is no info about this laptop on the official website. What is with that!!??

Anyway, there is one way to find out how much RAM is supported. Find out what motherboard/chipset you are having in your lap and then google about that motherboard, you will easily find out how much RAM is supported. I couldn't find motherboard make after googling so you both install software which tells the detailed configs of the system and then google about it online.

And, no, you can't change your GPU. It is probably soldered on motherboard. Mostly we don't get such laps in Indian market.

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Okies so I used Crucial Scanner app and found that it has max permissible ram of 16GB!
Screenshot by Lightsho (link will only be vaild for a few days)

Top Bottom