Many problems with ASUS M/B planning to buy a new board plz read n help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techani

Journeyman
Hello, I have got a asus p5b-vm which is around 2 yrs old. The board has become very problematic.
1) Sometimes the keyboard doesnt work.
2) After hibernating the machine when i switch it on the mouse doesnt work.
3) For the last few days I am getting a bsod - "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal" which I understood that it may be the problem with the network interface. Now network is inbuilt.
4) Sometimes the pc hangs without any reason.
5) If I move the cabinet while it is `on` the monitor goes blank and the screen comes only after a long period of break. This was not usual but after i bought a 8600gt second hand after taking advice from here the problem has come. I think its the problem with the pci-e slot in the m/b.
Thus i have decided to give this m/b for repair as it is still under warranty and buy a new m/b.
Plz suggest me a m/b within 3-4k which will have builtin wifi. I have core2duo 6420 proccy. I am averse to buying another asus m/b if its better than others.
Also tell me where is the service centre of asus in kolkata.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
not sure if you can get a mobo with wifi under 4k. Why not but a G31 motherboard and wifi pci card. mobo should cost around 2.5k-3k and wifi card should cost 1k-1.5k

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
If I move the cabinet while it is `on`
dude its not a piece of furniture. There are all sorts of loose wires, electrical components and fans etc. You shouldn't move your PC atall when its 'on' .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom