Mandrake- some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Mandrake does not offer the Log in Screen where I can boot as Super User. It only shows then no. of users. I even reinstalled Mandrake without adding any user, even then it does not accept and does not allow to log in at all in that case. I need admin. Rights to add Bolnagari and a Phonetic Urdu keyboards and modify xfree86.lst file to add reference to them. This is the case with my laptop as well as the desktop in office. In office, there is an added problem. I have tried so many options but I am not getting language bar in the panel despite adding Hindi and Bengali languages. Any suggestions?
Aijaz

firewall

In the zone
Try the following , it may help ::

Goto the star ( menu )
go ->
System / Configuration / KDE / System / Login Manager

enter "root" password , under the "Users" tab, deselect root as hidden user

This will enable you to log in as root at the login screen. Though its not preferrable to run GUI as root. Anyway do it at your own risk.

btw Mamndrake is now Mandriva...

:)

ujjwal

Padawan
You can also use 'su' to assume the identity of root while logged in as a normal user. Enter "su - root" in a terminal and give the root password.

firewall

In the zone
@ujjwal.. yes it can be done but in htat case he will not be use primarily the gui tools as root. It will only let him to do the tasks from terminal only ..

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom