Making partitions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken In
Hi can ne1 tell me how to make patitions of HDD.

I have 2 partitions already (i.e- "C: 106GB " & " D: 6GB ")
, but i want to make some more partitions of "C:" drive.

i have windows in C: drive.
i want 3 partitions of " 16GB , 45GB, 45GB ".
Can ne1 plz help me.

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
well download a software called partition magic or search for other partitioning softwares available on the net... you can use windows in built tool (in xp, vista) but since you want to partition your c drive Im assuming you want to do it non destructively ie without losing data...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i suspect you're having a HP desktop PC :D

if yes then read this -

[Tutorial] Creating Partitions in HP Pavilion Desktops & Laptops

Pathik

Google Bot
Get partition magic... or ranish as said by anand...
or pop in a linux cd .. boot from it... and create new partitions

OP

Broken In
Actually i want to switch from Vista to XP.
There are lots of problems i m facing.
Softwares dont get installed properly due to incompatibility.

Since i have 120GB HDD. Vista in C: (106GB) and recovery in D: (5.22GB).
I have hp laptop. And want to make partitions of C: as i told above.
Now i think its much more clearer to tell me the solution.
I want to delete that recovery.

Will that recovery be of any use in the future ??
Will it be usefull if i switch back to vista again??

plz help me......

one more thing, i have installed nero 7 premium demo but due to compatibility issue it didnt get installed properly. and now when i m trying to uninstall, it doesnt get removed.

so plz help me ....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Download and install HDD partition software. I recommend Paragon Partition Manager.

>First of all disable System restore and disable "Hibernation" mode. Restart PC.
>Since you want to make 16GB primary partition in C drive, I advice you to remove all the data exceeding 16GB to a external media. Finally you should have data on C Drive less than 16GB. For instance keep the CD drive to 14GB.
> Now open Paragon Partition Manager and create a CD Bootable Partition tool. Most of the popular partition tools do have this option.
>Restart PC with CD in the drive and keep pressing F12 Key. Now PC will boot via CD.
>Select C Drive and partition it to required sizes.

If you face any problems, do revert back.

OP

Broken In
now tell me about formatting...

that D: partition is of any use. If i install win XP it will not be used further, right??

if i simply delete it from going into COMPUTER->MANAGE->DISK MANAGEMENT.. will it get removed....

will it get removed after installing XP by using same method..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i dont know whether you're using a HP desktop, but if you Delete/Format that "Recovery Partition", then you'll have loads of problem when you're XP installation goes crazy (virus problem), coz then you may have to use Recovery Disks to install XP again, which in the process will wipe all data on HDD including the paritions you create.:wink:
btw its just 6 GB partition, keep it, you wont have any problems with it.

delete it only IF you want to install Vista or another XP.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
047 said:
now tell me about formatting...
that D: partition is of any use. If i install win XP it will not be used further, right??
if i simply delete it from going into COMPUTER->MANAGE->DISK MANAGEMENT.. will it get removed....
will it get removed after installing XP by using same method..

I just don't understand why are you so bothered about the recovery partition especially when you have a 160GB HDD. It is a handy system utility during bad times. Just leave it. If you indeed want to do so, just format the partition.

OP

Broken In
thanx for ur replies ...

now when i try to install xp with a bootable cd, at the point of selecting the option to enter the XP setup, it shows a mesage "setup didnt find any hard disk installed on this system" and then it restarts the system.

can ne1 tell me about the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom