Making A WIFI Repeater form ADSL Router

stellar

Journeyman
I have a primary FTTH Huwaei Router model HG8245 H whose ip address is 192.168.100.1. And similarly my old DASL Digicom router whose ip address is 192.168.1.1. I want to make the ADSL router as a Repeater but i cannot configure the Digicom Router model no. 2A204M. As in Youtube videos it is suggested that secondary router address has to changed to 192.168.1.2 and Disable DHCP server which i did but still cannot connect. Andthere is no WDS mode.

Can anyone help in making the Digicom router as a wifi repeater?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Andthere is no WDS mode.
WDS is required to do it. If it is not there, You need to use a ethernet cable from the router and use it to connect to router and extend. If the other one is ADSL only and does not support ethernet, it is not possible. But can be done using an IP-DSAML like connector, it is going to increase the cost, so instead buying a new router, cheaper one, like DIR-615 does have extender mode you can use that as well.

OP
stellar

stellar

Journeyman
WDS is required to do it. If it is not there, You need to use a ethernet cable from the router and use it to connect to router and extend. If the other one is ADSL only and does not support ethernet, it is not possible. But can be done using an IP-DSAML like connector, it is going to increase the cost, so instead buying a new router, cheaper one, like DIR-615 does have extender mode you can use that as well.
Yh I can use lan cable to join the routers. But what I wanted to know is the iPhone configuration to make in Digicom router.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
But what I wanted to know is the iPhone configuration to make in Digicom router

I dont think there some seperate config. required for iPhones, Just configure it with WPA2/WPA3 with TKIP+AES. iOS does say that WPA2 is weak security but connects to it.

OP
stellar

stellar

Journeyman
I dont think there some seperate config. required for iPhones, Just configure it with WPA2/WPA3 with TKIP+AES. iOS does say that WPA2 is weak security but connects to it.
sorry not iphone ,IP configuration in digicom router. which is 192.168.1.1 . What ip address should i make i changed to 192.168.1.2 but it didn't worked.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
sorry not iphone ,IP configuration in digicom router. which is 192.168.1.1 . What ip address should i make i changed to 192.168.1.2 but it didn't worked.

If you are connecting it with ethernet, and you are using it in router Mode and not AP-Mode, then you dont need to change IP, it will form its own network over there.

If you are using it in AP-Mode, then you need to enable bridge mode for the specific LAN port on the main router and it will automatically configure itslef.

OP
stellar

stellar

Journeyman
If you are connecting it with ethernet, and you are using it in router Mode and not AP-Mode, then you dont need to change IP, it will form its own network over there.

If you are using it in AP-Mode, then you need to enable bridge mode for the specific LAN port on the main router and it will automatically configure itslef.
The IP address of the modem I am going to connect is 192.168.100.1, What should be the Access Point IP address. ( default is 192.168.1.1)

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The IP address of the modem I am going to connect is 192.168.100.1, What should be the Access Point IP address. ( default is 192.168.1.1)

default one will work. But you need to change range of dhcp to allow the modem to be accesed.

change it to 192.168.1.1 to 192. 168.101.1

then modem can also be accessed.

Top Bottom