making a phone call from pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Hello, I am using internet via broadband using the BSNL modem. I want to know how can I make a call from my landline using the computer. I mean, the call shuould be made from my computer using speaker & headphone but must be billed to my landline phone bill. Is this possible?

I am not talking about VOIP, where calls can be made using a separate account or using google talk or yahoo etc.

How to make a call to any number (local or STD) on my phone but using computer and not the phone instrument?

go4saket

I guess if you connect your headphone and microphone an then use Phone dialer to dial the number to want to reach, you can talk through your connected headphone and microphone.

I am really curious to know why do you want to do such a thing, when pple do just the opposite....

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Thank you, by the way which dialer are you talking about, please name the best and where can i find it.

The reason why I want it is
1. to try it
2. I am online most times and don't want to reach out for the phone
3. wearing the earphone with mic gives more freedom than holding the handset to the ear.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
You will need a Modem, plus the Phone wire into Phone and not Line slot like we used to do when using Dailup Internet. Then simply use any commercial software ( i used Call Station (2-3year back) or use deafult Windows Phone Dailer

To use Phone Dialer follow these steps for XP

By default Phone Dialer is not added to the communication menu. Therefore unless you know where to find it your immediate assumption is that Windows XP no longer uses Phone Dialer. As you can see, from the instructions below, Phone Dialer is alive and kicking. It's just keeping itself well and truely under wraps!
To Run Phone Dialer
1/ Click the Start button
2/ From the Start menu click Run
3/ In the Run dialog box type: dialer.exe and press Enter
4/ The dialer application will now open

Adding Phone Dialer to the Communication Menu
1/ Click the Start button
2/ From the Start menu click All Programs followed by Accessories
3/ From the Accessories drop down menu click on Windows Explorer
4/ In Windows Explorer click on the drive/partition your Windows XP is installed on. This is usually C:
5/ Navigate to Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications
6/ Click File on the main Windows Explorer toolbar
7/ From the drop down menu click New and then click Shortcut
8/ The shortcut wizard will now open
9/ In the shortcut dialog box type: c:\program files\windows nt\dialer.exe
10/ Click Next
11/ The 'type a name for this shortcut' dialog box now appears
12/ Type: Phone Dialer
13/ Now click Finish
14/ Phone Dialer should now appear on the Communications menu

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Thank you sukhdeep, that is probably the best answer I have ever received in this forum. I really appreciate your eagerness to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom