Mainstream laptop under 50k

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) INR 50k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen - As light as possible

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Watching youtube & movies, p2p downloads, internet browsing, very light gaming (dedicated graphics card is not a must).

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Should have the best (FHD) display quality in the segment.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

None. Open for any brand.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Targeting to buy in upcoming Flipkart/Amazon Winter sale (December End).
How is the new LG Gram? It is over the budget (approx. 60k?) but is it worth it? Can I get something like LG Gram under 50k?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You won't get "best display" in any laptop in this price range.Usually the displays are avg TN panels with IPS panel being better(colours & viewing angles wise) but then they come with backlight bleeding issue(& it is a matter of luck as there is no 100% backlight bleeding free IPS panel).

You won't get anything similar to LG gram at all even at same price range,no major manufacturer makes models like these outside of LG(& probably samsung).

Lightest you can go is ~1.6kg with models like these:
*www.amazon.in/HP-Convertible-14-cd...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1544618483&sr=1-24&keywords=ssd

This is the lightest I can find & would suggest to check personally this model in an asus authorized laptop dealer shop:
*www.amazon.in/Asus-S406UA-BM356T-F...-9&refinements=p_89:Asus,p_36:4500000-6000000

I have seen Asus Zenbooks & HP envy ultrabooks with i5, 8GB & 256GB going for 60k during sales. Those are good options. With LG, after sales might be an issue.

The i3 8130U is equivalent to i5 7200U, so not a bad choice by any means.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The HP Envy looks really classy. I am seeing few models with AMD Ryzen processors. Will that be a good option, considering better IGP performance?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
HP Envy Intel Core i5 8th Gen 13.3-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/256GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/Natural Silver/1.21 kg), ah0043tu *www.amazon.in/dp/B07DW6163F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NzJeCb00172A6

The HP Envy looks really classy. I am seeing few models with AMD Ryzen processors. Will that be a good option, considering better IGP performance?
No point when this can be bought for 60k during sales:
Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG002T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG002T Thin and Light Laptop Deep Dive Blue Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Wait for Christmas sales.

R3 2300U = i3 8130U = i5 7200U in terms of CPU, GPU is a bit better, but not by much, within the margin of error.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I have read in other forums that Ryzen based laptops have inconsistent battery backup. I would advice OP to research about while making a decision.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
For your usage you don't need to spend 50k man. Entry level latitude from Dell should serve you well for years. Dell Latitude = simple plain looking machines that last longer.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
For your usage you don't need to spend 50k man. Entry level latitude from Dell should serve you well for years. Dell Latitude = simple plain looking machines that last longer.
Could you also post some links to those laptops?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Could you also post some links to those laptops?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Dell Latitude 3000 (Core i3 - 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/14 Inch/DOS) Latitude 3490 (Black, 1.8 Kg) Online at 19% off. |Paytm Mall

Looks good.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Dell Latitude 3000 (Core i3 - 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/14 Inch/DOS) Latitude 3490 (Black, 1.8 Kg) Online at 19% off. |Paytm Mall

Looks good.
I think it's not wise to go for an i3 of 6th gen at the end of 2018. Also, when he has the budget of 50k, why should he go for 720p screen, OP mentioned he will watch YouTube so a full hd screen is least imo.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
I think it's not wise to go for an i3 of 6th gen at the end of 2018. Also, when he has the budget of 50k, why should he go for 720p screen, OP mentioned he will watch YouTube so a full hd screen is least imo.
True.. the difference between 720/1080 is measly. Anyway OP's call it is.

True.. the difference between 720/1080 is measly. Anyway OP's call it is.
No, the difference is quite noticeable even from 50cm away. 1080p has almost 2x the pixels of 768p. 1080p should be minimum for any laptop (most 10k phones have 1080p display even though ppi is well beyond 300 in phones).

I didn't find 1080p to 4K jump worth it as the sharpness is great but Windows app scaling & hit on battery life makes me not want it.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The Asus zenbook is currently being sold for 54k (card discounts extra)
Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG002T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook 13 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX331UAL-EG002T Thin and Light Laptop Deep Dive Blue Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Looks good to me. Any suggestions?

The Asus zenbook is currently being sold for 54k (card discounts extra)

Looks good to me. Any suggestions?
Get it ASAP

Top Bottom