Macbook Pro or hp dv6000t ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
MacBook Pros are not white, you idiot!

gx_saurav said:
keep in mind, this is still virtualisation & is slow. You also require atleast 2 GB RAM if u intend to virtualize on Macbook Pro. That adds additional costs.
One gigabyte of RAM is fine enough for virtualisation. And there is a free virtualisation application for Mac OS X too, but is currently only in beta and I personally do not think it is ever going to be as good as Parallels.

gx_saurav said:
You just said U have Vista installed.
Yes, I have. But you said "Arya, can u install Vista on it in dual boot to check whether the onboard Audio chip is HD Audio or not?" My reply was for this vain statement.

@sbhas2k, I forgot to mention one very good feature of MacBook Pros that is absent from the HP offering - the sudden motion sensors. They are designed to protect your hard drive in case your laptop ever falls. Mine has never fallen so I cannot comment on how well it works.
However, this feature has spawned a very useful and free third party application that prevents your notebook from being stolen. I have it installed. When I sleep at night, my notebook stays awake downloading from the BitTorrent network. I get up late in the morning and this little utility ensures that I am alerted if someone dares to move my notebook from it's position on the table (like the servant, for example). It is darn useful. :)

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Gaming on the MacBook Pro:

Macs are definitely not the best machines you can get for gaming. (Gamings consoles are.) But still, you can find many games for Mac OS X. I play a lot of them myself.

Visit www.apple.com/games

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
These are the good games on Mac OS X, no more and no less:

Age of Empires III
Call of Duty 2
Close Combat: First to Fight
Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Doom 3
Halo: Combat Evolved
Prey
Quake 4
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!
Shrek 2
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords
The Sims 2 (Family Fun Stuff; Nightlife; Open for Business; Pets; University)
Spider-Man 2 The Game
The Sims Life Stories
Unreal Tournament 2004
Warcraft III: (Reign of Chaos; The Frozen Throne)
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
Zoo Tycoon 2

Starcraft II will be released by Blizzard Entertainment simultaneously for both Mac and PC. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That motion sensor has been available in IBM Laptops from quite sometime. Inquire about HP though.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Well, I'm currently waiting to play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on my mac.

"Mobile gaming has moved from the backseat to the driver’s seat with the MacBook Pro. Experience the best games on a 17-inch display (1680x1050) with the amazing combined power of the Intel Core 2 Duo and ATI Mobility Radeon X1600. The ultimate gaming laptop is just 1 inch thick and weighs a mere 6.8 pounds — a heavyweight in an ultra light body. Plasq’s Comic Life is included."
Check: *www.apple.com/games/hardware/index.html#go
*www.apple.com/macbookpro/graphics.html

And oh, here are some more great games you can play on Mac OS X:
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Myst Online: Uru Live
Star Wars: Empire at War
X3: Reunion
Imperial Glory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom