Mac Mini setup with non-apple peripherals suggestions (Budget : 70k)

utkarsh

Broken In
I am an iOS developer by profession, but do not own a Mac at home, yet. I am looking forward to buying a Mac Mini (salary - :cry:) with a decent setup including keyboard, mouse, display, and speakers(optional).

Display : The Mac Mini is equipped with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1920 x 1080), so I would like a (crisp) display that does justice to OSX, something in between of 17-21 inches.

Mouse : Even though I am in love with the Air mouse in my workplace, I would not mind using a regular compatible mouse that does not compromise on performance. Gaming is not a priority. Neither is whether it's wired/wireless. But I have BIG hands, and I have become quite accustomed to the size of the Air mouse. Something similar in terms of ergonomics and dimensions would be acceptable.

Keyboard : First and foremost, I need a full keyboard. I simply hate the Island keyboard on my iMac in the office. I don't have anything against the Apple wired keyboard, in fact it feels good, but any worthy alternative would be acceptable.

Speakers (Optional): Now, the Mac Mini is not a Remix station, but a set of decent speakers to go with it would not be a bad idea, since I listen to music the entire time I'm coding. I have my set of earphones, but keeping the ears plugged continuously for long stretches becomes uncomfortable.

Et Cetera : Any other peripherals/accessories Mac owners use which make their life easier are also welcome.

P.S. : As mentioned above, my finances are a constraint, and affordability is the major factor. I have around 70k to spend, and would like to milk my machine for every Paisa I spend on it.

Any other suggestions regarding the configuration would be appreciated too.

Thank you.

OP
U

utkarsh

Broken In
I have used a Hackintosh before. Too many headaches...which updates to install, which apps to install, etc.
I upgraded OSX Lion to Mountain Lion, and it killed the machine. I'm looking to buy a genuine mac pc.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
post it in here: PC Components / Configurations

post your full needs and what you plan to use, and you'll get good help.

Top Bottom