Lumia 640 or Lumia 730?

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
Hi,
I want to buy a Lumia phone for my girlfriend within 15K budget. Basically two Lumias are available in this segment, Lumia 730 and Lumia 640. But I am confused about which one to buy. Please suggest based on hands on experience of the phones.
What I think is the advantages of both the phones are listed below.
Advantages of Lumia 730:

• Better screen (AMOLED Vs. LCD of Lumia 640)
  • Better main camera (sensor size 1/3.4 inch and aperture f/1.9 Vs. 1/4 inch sensor size and f/2.2 aperture of Lumia 640)
  • Better front facing camera (5MP and 1080p video shooting Vs. 0.9MP and 720p video shooting of Lumia 640)
  • More compact and lightweight compared to Lumia 640.
Advantages of Lumia 640:

• Slightly cheaper compared to Lumia 730
  • Slightly larger screen compared to Lumia 730
  • Newer model compared to Lumia 730
  • Guaranteed windows 10 update
  • Support for Lumia Glance Screen which is not available for Lumia 730.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@OP Lumia 730 will also get Windows 10 mobile for sure. SO, don't worry about the update. IMO, Lumia 730 is a better buy than Lumia 640 at the current price point. 640 is just launched. Give it some time, the price will fall to sub-10K

$hadow

Geek in making
Buying 640 right now is not a good option since you will be getting the price cut in future and since 730 has already got that price cut it is a better deal compared to 640.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Even I have the same confusion but seeing at 640's pricing I'm better off postponing my purchase.

But still 730 is better option imo by paying more. In big app discount day offer you could have got it around 10500-11000.

$hadow

Geek in making
Even I have the same confusion but seeing at 640's pricing I'm better off postponing my purchase.

But still 730 is better option imo by paying more. In big app discount day offer you could have got it around 10500-11000.

This pricing is for which phone?

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
I'll wait a little bit. Flipkart offers discount on debit/credit card regularly. I'll buy the 730 then.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
This pricing is for which phone?

Pricing of Lumia 640.

Its seems bit overpriced to me. People going for it may reconsider as Lumia 730's pricing has dropped & few days back Lumia 730 was around 11k on flipkart in offer.

Today Lumia 730 orange colour could be bought @11700 from snapdeal app & using yes bank debit card..

- - - Updated - - -

I'll wait a little bit. Flipkart offers discount on debit/credit card regularly. I'll buy the 730 then.

check pricing on snapdeal today. discount on app only plus 10% discount on Yes bank debit cards.

The black & white colour models were cheaper in morning, around 11500 INR. Sorry for commenting late as logged in just now.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
730 any day
I have a 720 and 820 and the 730 has the best of both my phones- the 6.7mp f1.9 which is unmatched, amoled display with awesome blacks and natural colours ,the same awesome battery life of the 720(1.5-2 days of regular usage, or over a day of heavy usage,games etc),sleek form factor and comfortable to hold etc

640 is meant for a different set of people-users looking for an upgrade over a really low end phone,phablet lovers etc so only consider it if it gets a price drop or if you want the larger display or if you want Glance screen(I cant do without it,coming from years of using a blackberry with LED alerts etc)

that being said none of them are bad and youll have a great experience with either phone depending on preference
730 is the obvious better one overall especially since its for your gf who would love to use the cameras regularly im guessing(640 camera isnt a zeiss one but its still above most other android phones but not better than zeiss)

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
I have decided to go for Lumia 730. Snapdeal offer is good but I don't have yes bank card. I'll wait a little bit to see if any other offer starts.

$hadow

Geek in making
Pricing of Lumia 640.

Its seems bit overpriced to me. People going for it may reconsider as Lumia 730's pricing has dropped & few days back Lumia 730 was around 11k on flipkart in offer.

Today Lumia 730 orange colour could be bought @11700 from snapdeal app & using yes bank debit card..

- - - Updated - - -

check pricing on snapdeal today. discount on app only plus 10% discount on Yes bank debit cards.

The black & white colour models were cheaper in morning, around 11500 INR. Sorry for commenting late as logged in just now.

It is being sold for 12k locally. I got one with my friend yesterday.

VikramS

Right off the assembly line
The biggest reason to buy 640 is that it is Windows-10 ready. And 730 might not. Just saying.

Top Bottom