Low sound level on a P-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramk

Broken In
As a newbie, I bought a second-hand P-3 computer without a CD drive, to experiment upon. I put in a combo drive, but was unable to get any sound. I then connected an audio cable to the drive to an appropriate looking slot on the motherboard (I don't know what make the motherboard is). I still can't get any audible sound out of my speakers (which work fine with my P4 computer) although when I plug in headphones into the headphone jack of the speakers, I can get a faint audio. The P-3 does not have a sound card.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? / What should I try next?[/img]

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Try this. Right-click on the Speaker icon in System Tray, and click "Open Volume Controls". Then, here move the sliders to maximum position for Volume Control, Wave Out, CD Audio and Mic options. Also, make sure that none of these options are Muted or Deselectd.

If you dont have the Speaker icon in System Tray, then go to Control Panel, and double-click on "Multimedia" applet. Then select "Show volume control on the Taslbar". After this, you will get the Speaker icon.

OP
V

vikramk

Broken In
Thanks swatkat

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks, it was the CD audio setting after all. Am pretty embarassed not to have checked that out first. But thanks a ton fyour prompt reply.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom