Low-cost Compact Secondary Mobile Phone with Lowest Possible Budget

Gauravchi

Journeyman
1. Budget? Two budgets:
Upto 5,000 and Upto 10,000

2. Display type and size?
With or without touch screen. Size should not exceed 4.5".

3. Dual sim?
Good to have, not compulsory.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Considering that it would be secondary phone, I can manage without a camera as well. So, average camera quality for the given budget would work.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Basic apps like Whatsapp and Facebook should run.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Would like to have 4G.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling, emails, and social network

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I didn't find much options for my requirement. All I am looking for is smaller size, lightweight, a little sturdy, and long battery life. Else everything I can compromise I guess. Nokia 2 seems aligned, but It doesn't look VFM to me.

10. Any other info that you want to share
I have only used Samsung, Nokia, and Sony mobiles till date. No experience with others. Also, I could go for a feature phone as well (and not smartphone), but lack of essential apps - Whatsapp and FB is restricting me. Coz small size and good battery life is there with feature phones (N3310)

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
@SaiyanGoku: On paper, Redmi 4 surely beating Nokia 2 and Nokia 3. Can I assume it's best fit for 5k-10k range for my requirement? Any suggestion for upto 5k? Something more compact maybe.. 4.5" screen size max.

Suggestions please..??
Why not get a basic feature phone? I assume you already have a good primary phone. A small feature phone would be easy to carry (I used to do it till a year ago). Why do you want to use whatsapp & fb on your secondary phone? Also why 4G? Using 2 jio SIMs is a senseless option, better get a good broadband if you are in a Tier 1 city.

Otherwise Redmi 4 at 7k is a good choice especially due to battery as Goku already suggested.

For under 5k, get anything with a quad core CPU, 2GB RAM, 720p display & 3000mAh battery.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Why not get a basic feature phone? I assume you already have a good primary phone. A small feature phone would be easy to carry (I used to do it till a year ago). Why do you want to use whatsapp & fb on your secondary phone? Also why 4G? Using 2 jio SIMs is a senseless option, better get a good broadband if you are in a Tier 1 city.

Otherwise Redmi 4 at 7k is a good choice especially due to battery as Goku already suggested.

For under 5k, get anything with a quad core CPU, 2GB RAM, 720p display & 3000mAh battery.

Yup, feature phone was the only thing in my mind. But the fact that my primary phone is going to service centre for a couple of days, there should be a saviour meanwhile in such cases. Can put FB off the list, but calling and Whatsapp are essential. Any chance that Whatsapp work on a feature phone? Else let me continue my search for two more days :). Checking out Huwaei, Honor, LG, Micro, etc. Thanks Goku and Anupam for responses.

P.S. Also removing 4G from the list :); but not Wifi

Yup, feature phone was the only thing in my mind. But the fact that my primary phone is going to service centre for a couple of days, there should be a saviour meanwhile in such cases. Can put FB off the list, but calling and Whatsapp are essential. Any chance that Whatsapp work on a feature phone? Else let me continue my search for two more days :). Checking out Huwaei, Honor, LG, Micro, etc. Thanks Goku and Anupam for responses.

P.S. Also removing 4G from the list :); but not Wifi
Whatsapp removed support for feature phones long back i guess, but it was once there & helped whatsapp take gain over fb (2012 era).

My suggestion still remains same.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Moto E4
Moto E4 (Iron Grey, 16 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

Top Bottom