Lost Planet Coming To The PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

Lost Planet Coming To The PC

Gamasutra reports that Capcom will release a PC port of their best selling Xbox 360 action game Lost Planet this June in the US and Europe. According to the story the PC version will feature 'Extreme High Definition' (XHD) support, with resolutions up to 2560x1600 pixels, as well as 'advanced special effects, and improved lighting and shadows.' Although DirectX 10 is only supported by Windows Vista, it is unclear whether a version of the game will be released which is compatible with earlier versions of the Windows operating system.

===================

My wish came true. :D. This is what i been expecting from very long time. Atleast i wish other consoles games such has metal gear and god of war come to pc. Till then PC rulez.

Last edited by a moderator:

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
WoW! That's great news!
Just love the visuals in the game..
Wonder what'll be the minimum requirements be like?

OP
T

thunderbird.117

It is official. It is coming for PC :-

See here :- *ww2.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=13531

It coming near to stores on June. In india i have no idea. :)

Looks impressive :- *www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46548.

Seriously no one here is for gaming?.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
After the shitty ports which capcom had so far released i really hope this turns out good

Those shitty ports are made by ubisoft not by capcom. This is going to be done by capcom itself. So i dont think this will be "shitty".

Harvik780 said:
Would require an extremely hardcore pc.
They have not told the minimum reqs still. They may say it somewhere around may.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thunderbird.117 said:
Those shitty ports are made by ubisoft not by capcom. This is going to be done by capcom itself. So i dont think this will be "shitty".

This is going to be one by Capcom and Nvidia will aid in it , i hope its not crappy as the last ports , even if it was from Ubisoft, capcom must have had some involvement in quality control , and as capcom is not much into PC gaming so my hopes are not too high.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
This is going to be one by Capcom and Nvidia will aid in it , i hope its not crappy as the last ports , even if it was from Ubisoft, capcom must have had some involvement in quality control , and as capcom is not much into PC gaming so my hopes are not too high.

Capcom said that they are entering to PC markets. So i feel Lost Planet will do very well for PC. If you read the shack news. You will understand.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Nope, ubisoft did not do those ports it was ubi as only publisher
The ports were handed to Sourcenext by capcom.

Sourcenext also handled the ports for re4, dmc 3 and onimusha

So I hope Capcom does this inhouse , coz if it goes to source next U know what to expect

Seeing the screenshots looks like they are truly doin it inhouse, yaayyy there is mouse support at last

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
Nope, ubisoft did not do those ports it was ubi as only publisher
The ports were handed to Sourcenext by capcom.

Sourcenext also handled the ports for re4, dmc 3 and onimusha

So I hope Capcom does this inhouse , coz if it goes to source next U know what to expect

Seeing the screenshots looks like they are truly doin it inhouse, yaayyy there is mouse support at last

Yea they are doing it inhouse. See in shacknews. It say that game will support keyboard and mouse. Iam sure the game will rock :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thunderbird.117 said:
Capcom said that they are entering to PC markets. So i feel Lost Planet will do very well for PC. If you read the shack news. You will understand.

Hope for the best.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ok shacknews has put some PC vs 360 screenshot comparison , go chk it out.

*www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=46548

OP
T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
Ok shacknews has put some PC vs 360 screenshot comparison , go chk it out.

*www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=46548

I checked the day it came out :D. Iam a avid fan of lost. I have a feeling more lost planet series is going to come :).

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Interview :- *www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=15210

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Screenshot for pc.

1. *blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/02/lost_planet_pc_screenshots_day_1
2. *blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/03/lost_planet_pc_screenshots_day_2
3.*blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/04/lost_planet_pc_screenshots_day_3
4.*blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/07/lost_planet_pc_screenshots_day_4
5.*blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/08/lost_planet_pc_screenshots_day_5

Demo coming on may 15th. :D

Third Eye

gooby pls
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Demo (DX10)
This is the DirectX 10 version of the Lost Planet single-player demo, which includes two playable missions--attack an Akrid hive, or assault an ice pirate fortress. Size: 388.4MB

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Demo (DX9)
This is the DirectX 9 version of the Lost Planet single-player demo, which includes two playable missions--attack an Akrid hive, or assault an ice pirate fortress. Size: 372.1MB

[highlight][SIZE=+2]Minimum Requirements:[/SIZE][/highlight]

OS - Windows XP
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 supporting HT technology
RAM - 512 MB (Windows XP) / 1 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive - 8.0 GB
Monitor - 640x480
DVD-ROM drive - DVD9 compatible
Video - VRAM 256 MB, DirectX 9.0c / Shader3.0*, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or
greater**
Sound - DirectSound compatible. DirectX 9.0c
Peripherals - Mouse, Keyboard
*Operation not assured if VRAM is shared with Main Memory.
**NVIDIA GeForce 7300 is not supported.

[highlight][SIZE=+2]Recommended:[/SIZE][/highlight]

OS - Windows Vista
CPU - Intel Core2 Duo
RAM - 1 GB (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista)
Monitor - 1280x720 or more
Video - VRAM 256 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or greater
Peripherals - Gamepad, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom