Looking for the perfect laptop

Victor Brinck Coelho

Right off the assembly line
I am an aspiring game developer, as in I am just starting on this. I have been using programs such as Unity, Maya, Mudbox and other programs with similar style, however my laptop often can't handle these programs without glitching or freezing way more often than it should. I am looking to buy a new laptop(can't go with a home PC because I am always moving). I need a laptop that can handle these kinds of tasks without a problem and that I could also play AAA games without a hitch. I do not care about battery life or size of the laptop and my budget is under 2000$. Anyone has any suggestions?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'd recommend building a desktop for the type of usage you have. A Ryzen2 based rig paired with a suitable GPU would go a long way for programs like Maya, Unity and also gaming in general.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I suggest u look at the configurations from Xotic PC or RJtech.com and build a Clevo barebone as per your needs.

you will get much better, cheaper Laptop than branded ones such as MSI, DELL etc.

Let me know in case u have any more doubts.

And yes do fill the questionnaire given above so that everyone can help.

I'd recommend building a desktop for the type of usage you have. A Ryzen2 based rig paired with a suitable GPU would go a long way for programs like Maya, Unity and also gaming in general.
he can't as he is always moving.

I am an aspiring game developer, as in I am just starting on this. I have been using programs such as Unity, Maya, Mudbox and other programs with similar style, however my laptop often can't handle these programs without glitching or freezing way more often than it should. I am looking to buy a new laptop(can't go with a home PC because I am always moving). I need a laptop that can handle these kinds of tasks without a problem and that I could also play AAA games without a hitch. I do not care about battery life or size of the laptop and my budget is under 2000$. Anyone has any suggestions?
*www.amazon.com/IPS-Type-Display-i7..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=2P5DFFTPE87NF0XWEXK4
Good balance of portability, performance & cooling but not so good battery life.

Best Buy International: Select your Country - Best Buy
Great portability, good performance, cooling & battery life but bad maintenance (who installs the motherboard flipped).

ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition 17.3" Gaming Laptop, 8th-Gen 6-Core Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3.9 GHz), GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, 144 Hz 3 ms Display, 16 GB DDR4, 256 GB PCIe SSD + 1 TB SSHD - Newegg.com
Best choice IMO because you don't care about battery life & size. 17.3" is handy & it is not very bulky like other 17.3" laptops (size similar to Alienware 15).

Top Bottom