Looking for my First / New Gaming laptop under 60000

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Is it same in specs except 1 tb+ hdd and 256 gb SSD - ? Is it good deal?
*www.amazon.in/dp/B088R5WFHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_yHlDFb1VX8TRA

Last edited:
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Done the order with the mix feeling , hope the missing 256gb ssd will not create much trouble & hope it will be worth of its price

Done the order with the mix feeling , hope the missing 256gb ssd will not create much trouble & hope it will be worth of its price
Considering its a budget laptop, its fine, more than enough for OS. You can have 1-2 games in SSD (depends on game size obviously). When SSDs become a mandatory requirement for games (it will become recommended req in a year maybe, but HDD should still be minimum req for ~3 years maybe), your GPU might not remain powerful enough for top games.

There's always the option to replace the M.2 drive, SSD prices are falling & you can get good NVMe SSDs for 10k now (even 8.5k on sales).

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Hope laptop will do what it says & it will not have any problem,thats enough for me...now waiting for 12th october for delivery,first thing i will do is remove unnecessary stuffs

123hero

In the zone

256 GB SSD will leave you with around 230GB 130-140GB of usable storage considering the space for WINDOWS installation + some mandatory software. This is considering the average user who may play 1-2 AAA title games, at the max 3 games on a consistent basis. Based on the post #1 , you should be able to play the RDR 2, GTA V, Cricket 19 easily. You may also use your desktop to play games. I personally find Desktops to be much better and comfortable while playing games.

But, make sure to store media, movies, documents on the 1 TB HDD and use the SSD only for the relevant softwares.

In case you feel that the 256GB SSD is running out, it is always possible to upgrade to a higher SSD or swap the 1 TB HDD for a M.2 SATA based SSD.

Last edited:
256 GB SSD will leave you with around 230GB of usable storage considering the space for WINDOWS installation + some mandatory software. This is considering the average user who may play 1-2 AAA title games, at the max 3 games on a consistent basis. Based on the post #1 , you should be able to play the RDR 2, GTA V, Cricket 19 easily. You may also use your desktop to play games. I personally find Desktops to be much better and comfortable while playing games.

But, make sure to store media, movies, documents on the 1 TB HDD and use the SSD only for the relevant softwares.

In case you feel that the 256GB SSD is running out, it is always possible to upgrade to a higher SSD or swap the 1 TB HDD for a M.2 SATA based SSD.
No, you will definitely not get 230GB free after Win10 + apps. A totally empty 256GB SSD might have close to 240GB free. With time OS drive with apps fill a lot of space. Realistically you should get 130-180GB based on how many apps you install.

My laptop's C drive was partitioned to have 231GB (SSD). After OS + apps + other stuff, almost 150GB is used. I used about 60GB for office stuff, so have just 20GB free on it.

You can swap the HDD for a 2.5" SATA SSD, not M.2 one. Cheaper TUF A15 has just 1 M.2 slot.

123hero

In the zone
No, you will definitely not get 230GB free after Win10 + apps. A totally empty 256GB SSD might have close to 240GB free. With time OS drive with apps fill a lot of space. Realistically you should get 130-180GB based on how many apps you install.

My laptop's C drive was partitioned to have 231GB (SSD). After OS + apps + other stuff, almost 150GB is used. I used about 60GB for office stuff, so have just 20GB free on it.

You can swap the HDD for a 2.5" SATA SSD, not M.2 one. Cheaper TUF A15 has just 1 M.2 slot.

Thanks. Corrected my earlier post accordingly.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Don't worry about it. Only store important things like OS, important software and small/regularly played games on it, and you should be fine.

PS. No credit card problems this time? Wonder what was causing it.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Don't worry about it. Only store important things like OS, important software and small/regularly played games on it, and you should be fine.

PS. No credit card problems this time? Wonder what was causing it.
Noone knows,by the way this time I ordered 63k variant not 60k...yes I will try to manage it in best possible way ,it was left from Hyderabad facility in the morning (7pm) hope it will get delivered here ahmedabad tomorrow.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone

Even I thought for a second how is it possible to get such huge space out of 256gb.i think I willl get around 120 gb space.anyways I will find it out in few hours

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Noone knows,by the way this time I ordered 63k variant not 60k...yes I will try to manage it in best possible way ,it was left from Hyderabad facility in the morning (7pm) hope it will get delivered here ahmedabad tomorrow.
Oh, lol. Maybe the limit for ur card was 61k and you were buying the laptop worth 63k. The time I bought my laptop, my credit card was refusing the payment cause of just ~2k difference.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Out for delivery
Which things are need to check first to know laptop is good/ok or not? Should I need to full recharge it before start using it?

123hero

In the zone
Out for delivery
Which things are need to check first to know laptop is good/ok or not? Should I need to full recharge it before start using it?

Nothing specific as such

Look for physical damage if any. All keys working, wifi, speakers, display hinge, display (dead pixels), screen flicker, track pad and the ports. Rest everything can be updated / correctly via software.

You can uninstall the bloatware softwares like VPN, Anti Virus (Windows Defender is reasonable enough).

If your device doesn't come with a licensed copy of MS OFFICE, you can purchase one or else you another alternative like Libra Office (which I use) and I think you should be good to go.

For the battery, no need to worry, modern day batteries are much more damage proof and usually last upto a 100000 charging cycles. You can charge the laptop once the power goes below 20%.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Nothing specific as such

Look for physical damage if any. All keys working, wifi, speakers, display hinge, display (dead pixels), screen flicker, track pad and the ports. Rest everything can be updated / correctly via software.

You can uninstall the bloatware softwares like VPN, Anti Virus (Windows Defender is reasonable enough).

If your device doesn't come with a licensed copy of MS OFFICE, you can purchase one or else you another alternative like Libra Office (which I use) and I think you should be good to go.

For the battery, no need to worry, modern day batteries are much more damage proof and usually last upto a 100000 charging cycles. You can charge the laptop once the power goes below 20%.
Thanks mate. received the laptop ,still setting it up. It is taking longer then usual after getting new WIndows 10 updates(restart)

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Installed two games & start getting some .dll error ,after solving all those errors now stuck on 0xc00007b error :(
& i think it was good for me that i was not able to order 512gb ssd variant, this variant is much more useful

Installed two games & start getting some .dll error ,after solving all those errors now stuck on 0xc00007b error :(
& i think it was good for me that i was not able to order 512gb ssd variant, this variant is much more useful

1. Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)
  2. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
  3. Update DirectX
  4. Update GPU drivers

Top Bottom