Looking for my First / New Gaming laptop under 60000

Ssangeet

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
gaming laptop under 60000,i can stretch it to 70000 if it is really worth of putting those extra money.
is there any significant difference?

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
actually i am not think about it but minimum is 14 inch.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
For gaming recording / editing .
I am mostly play games like Cricket 19 , GTA 5 , RDR 2 , Avengers , Minecraft .

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
video Editing (60-70%) & Gaming(40%-30) as i already have Desktop.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Good laptop is required...Brand is not important.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• no restrictions...
  • A ssd is fine othewise in most of the laptops in the range we can add SSDs separately so no issue.
  • i can buy ASAP or if there are chances of huge price drop during sale in shortlisted laptops i will wait for sale.
  • I am mostly play games like Cricket 19 , GTA 5 , RDR 2 , Avengers , Minecraft .
  • My current desktop setup is R5 3600 , 1660ti , 16 gb ram but i need some portability with work. should i really invest that much money.

Please suggest.

Last edited:

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: For gaming recording / editing .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: gaming laptop under 60000,i can stretch it to 70000 is it is really worth of putting those extra money.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: A ssd is fine othewise in most of the laptops in the range we can add SSDs separately so no issue.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: LAPTOP ,so it is complete package.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: i can buy ASAP or if there are chances of huge price drop during sale in shortlisted laptops i will wait for sale.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes i have already made one with the help of super moderators of this forum.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Ahmedabad, Yes i am OK with buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am thinking about buying gaming laptop under 60000,i can stretch it to 70000 is it is really worth of putting those extra money.
My current desktop setup is R5 3600 , 1660ti , 16 gb ram but i need some portability with work

I am thinking about buying gaming laptop under 60000,i can stretch it to 70000 is it is really worth of putting those extra money.
My current desktop setup is R5 3600 , 1660ti , 16 gb ram but i need some portability with work which include gaming recording editing.

Please suggest.
I would suggest waiting for sometime as the prices jumped up drastically during covid. Also dewali is down the line so, it might be worth waiting.

I think you have filled out the wrong questionnaire, this is the one for laptops Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase .

Keeping in mind the details you have given I think these may be a pretty good bet -:

ASUS TUF --> con - no harddrive can get pretty toasty

Lenovo Legion --> con - a mediocre processor, 8gb less RAM than TUF

HP pavilion --> this is the one I personally purchased, and will happily link link you to my review of it, but right now it is a terrible value as it's price has been increased by 4k.

Last edited:
OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
I would suggest waiting for sometime as the prices jumped up drastically during covid. Also dewali is down the line so, it might be worth waiting.

I think you have filled out the wrong questionnaire, this is the one for laptops Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase .

Keeping in mind the details you have given I think these may be a pretty good bet -:

ASUS TUF --> con- no harddrive can get pretty toasty

Lenovo Legion --> con - a mediocre processor, 8gb less RAM than TUF

HP pavilion --> this is the one I personally purchased, and will happily link you to my review of it, but right now it is a terrible value as it's price has been increased by 4k.
Thank you so much... i will update the details according to laptop questionnaire in 1-2 hours(stuck in some work)..even i shortlisted that HP Pavilion laptop & yes i will wait as i already have one desktop.Lets see what others will recommend

Æsoteric Positron

Thank you so much... i will update the details according to laptop questionnaire in 1-2 hours(stuck in some work)..even i shortlisted that HP Pavilion laptop & yes i will wait as i already have one desktop.Lets see what others will recommend
any more laptops to add in wishlist or worth of buy???
Well, I told you those that were good according to me , maybe after you will the rightquestionnaire more options can be given, by me and other members.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Well, I told you those that were good according to me , maybe after you will the rightquestionnaire more options can be given, by me and other members.
thanks for you suggestions again,i thought may be someone has some other suggestions ... by the way how close
HP 15-ec1052AX
compare to
mine R5 3600 , GTX 1660 ti ,16 gb ram(my desktop config) in terms of overall performance???

Æsoteric Positron

thanks for you suggestions again,i thought may be someone has some other suggestions ... by the way how close
HP 15-ec1052AX
compare to
mine R5 3600 , GTX 1660 ti ,16 gb ram(my desktop config) in terms of overall performance???
Well, it should be pretty comparable in cpu intensive tasks, but in gaming it would be slower. I would suggest you to upgrade the laptop RAM down the line.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
@everyone *www.amazon.in/dp/B088R54S2R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_TpPBFbA31EBFF

^^^ is it worth to buy in 60990???
It is showing as best seller and also have multiple variants

@everyone Robot Check

^^^ is it worth to buy in 60990???
It is showing as best seller and also have multiple variants
Big yes, grab it ASAP. TUF A15 with higher power GPU like 1660Ti or 2060 mainly faces heating issues. I think Jarrod's Tech did a review of 1650Ti model as well, check his review.

Buy another RAM stick (8GB DDR4 3200MHz laptop RAM) & a 2.5" SSD/HDD for the free 2.5" drive bay for more storage.
Robot Check

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 128 MB Cache for PC Laptop (ST1000LM048): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Big yes, grab it ASAP. TUF A15 with higher power GPU like 1660Ti or 2060 mainly faces heating issues. I think Jarrod's Tech did a review of 1650Ti model as well, check his review.

Buy another RAM stick (8GB DDR4 3200MHz laptop RAM) & a 2.5" SSD/HDD for the free 2.5" drive bay for more storage.
Robot Check

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 128 MB Cache for PC Laptop (ST1000LM048): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories
THanks i will update ram but not for now & i have external 2 tb hdd & laptop will not be my primary device so 512 gb is sound enough for now .
I will add those items into wishlist.

Æsoteric Positron

Thanks...
I am facing some issue for payment ,hope laptop will be available till tomorrow atleast.
:thumbs:, for the issue regarding payment, make sure your debit/credit card have withdrawal limit for a single payment less than the price of product. When I purchased my laptop I was also getting errors for the payment, then I had to use my other card instead after finding the root of the error.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
:thumbs:, for the issue regarding payment, make sure your debit/credit card have withdrawal limit for a single payment less than the price of product. When I purchased my laptop I was also getting errors for the payment, then I had to use my other card instead after finding the root of the error.
i was using allahabad bank card,it has withdrawl limit of 25k & i activated it yesterday so looks like all features are not activated on it.i will try to get it with EMI with fathers card now,Hope it will stay in stock till then.
By the way it says there is no extra cost on EMI that means if i will buy it with 6 months EMI it will still cost me same 60990,right???

Top Bottom