Looking for a PDF viewer and editor

Please help me out....
Features i want in a PDF Editor and Viewer.
1) Viewing PDFs
2) Extracting text from PDFs for copy-pasting in MS Word (OCR)
3) (optional) Ability to edit some text, like when people spell names wrong in e-certificates and we need to make minor corrections

I dont want those trial version ones which keeps reminding me to upgrade to PRO version every day, nor do i want ones which has comprises like a permanent watermark.
I don't want subscription based PDF editor. I dont believe in "renting" softwares. I am willing to pay any amount (upto ₹10,000) of one time fee for full ownership (like our trusty old MS Office).
I know there are free browser based options and services , but i want something that works without the internet., and something i truly own.
If there are no options out there, i am willing to go the "underground" route , because i am done with the softwares we have these days.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps try pro version of something like Foxit. Though I don't really have much experience with PDF editors myself.

For my minor work, PDF xchange editor free is working fine for me. They have a paid tier with one time fee, $72 for top tier plus. Worth trying out IMO.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Try this Mircosoft PowerToy tool for text extraction from PDFs. PowerToys Text Extractor utility for Windows. It works great so far for me.

Top Bottom