Looking for a Mid range Ryzen PC

Dipjyoti Som

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am planning to buy mid range Ryzen PC for gaming and running android emulators. Please find the ans of the questionnaires bellow.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly games like Dota 2, Overwatch, CS:GO and running android emulators

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 45k-50k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB is enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 19.5 inches. I hate large screens.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I am building a new PC, so I have to buy all the parts, including an UPS maybe.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By the end of June or 1st week of Jully.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This will be done by assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. I am buying locally. But I am free to order from Amazon or any trusted website.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am very keen to buy Ryzen 2600. But I am feeling reluctant as it does not come with a in build GPU and I am not planning to spend much on the GPU. My preferred choice of GPU would be Zotac G-Force GT 710 2GB DDR5, something less than 6k. My focus is on the CPU, Motherboard and RAM.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Confirm amd virtualization support in windows with official Android emulator first .. Last time I checked it was available only for Linux officially , other emulator may support it not sure

Ryzen 5 2400G has a good integrated gpu , roughly equivalent to GT 1030 , for RS 12000 but it is 4 cores , 8 threads instead of 6 cores 12 threads of 2600

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Don't get older crap GPUs. Since you can't extend the budget that much, get the 2400G with 8GB ram in dual channel mode. Get at least a good 240 GB ssd even if it means dumping the HDD.

OP
D

Dipjyoti Som

Don't get older crap GPUs. Since you can't extend the budget that much, get the 2400G with 8GB ram in dual channel mode. Get at least a good 240 GB ssd even if it means dumping the HDD.
By dual channel you mean 2 4GB RAM sticks right?

And what motherboard I should go for if I go with Ryzen 2400G?

Thanks for the response

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Thanks for the response
Yes, I meant 2 4GB ram sticks. I am not sure if good B350 mobos are in stock because they may launch B450 mobos in next 2-3 months.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Thanks for the response
Asus Prime B350 plus
ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)

OP
D

Dipjyoti Som

Asus Prime B350 plus
ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)
Thanks. Do I need to update the BIOS in B350 mobos. I heard that for some we need to update the BIOS to support Ryzen. Also, what about x470 series. Can I use them without updating the BIOS. Which frequency RAM should I use for best performance with Ryzen 5 2400G

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks. Do I need to update the BIOS in B350 mobos. I heard that for some we need to update the BIOS to support Ryzen. Also, what about x470 series. Can I use them without updating the BIOS. Which frequency RAM should I use for best performance with Ryzen 5 2400G

I think new stocks ships with updated BIOS.

X470 series are expensive starting around 12k
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)

3000Mhz is what you need

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -54K

AMD Ryzen 2400G -13000,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -9000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -7200,
Corsair CX 450 -3500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3000,
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -6000,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -54,000.

All components prices are taken from mdcomputers.in except SSD from onlyssd.com

OP
D

Dipjyoti Som

Budget -54K

AMD Ryzen 2400G -13000,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -9000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -7200,
Corsair CX 450 -3500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3000,
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -6000,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -54,000.

All components prices are taken from mdcomputers.in except SSD from onlyssd.com
Thanks for summing this up. This is really helpful. I have one question though. How is Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming compared to Asus Prime B350 Plus. I can see that there is a price difference of ~800 rupees. Is B350-F an older model?

Again, I really appreciate you putting the list together. Thank you.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for summing this up. This is really helpful. I have one question though. How is Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming compared to Asus Prime B350 Plus. I can see that there is a price difference of ~800 rupees. Is B350-F an older model?

Again, I really appreciate you putting the list together. Thank you.
only 800/- then get Asus ROG Strix

Top Bottom