Looking for a lightweight Gaming Laptop within 1Lakhs

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs 1Lakhs +- 10k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Basically I want a laptop that is powerful enough to showcase whatever software or video game I am developing wherever I want and therefore a good GPU is a must. I will also take it to classes so I prefer something portable.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
i7 quad + GTX1060(?)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Don't care

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Local )

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am seriously feeling out of options rn. All I ever wanted was a portable powerful 1060 laptop. Mudi pls improve laptop condition in India

sohan_92

In the zone
@SaiyanGoku is correct. And GTX1060 laptop will cost you around 1.3lac+ in India. Even though you get gtx1050ti with in 1lac, you have to compromise with other factors.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@SaiyanGoku is correct. And GTX1060 laptop will cost you around 1.3lac+ in India. Even though you get gtx1050ti with in 1lac, you have to compromise with other factors.
Can't. It literally has to be bought in India. Thinking about getting a ultrabook instead

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Can't. It literally has to be bought in India. Thinking about getting a ultrabook instead
Ultrabook is also a laptop. You don't need i7+GTX 1060 combo laptop anymore?

I'd suggest get any decent normal laptop for classes and get the i7+GTX 1060 combo dekstop.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
And in such a way that you don't have to pay customs duty of ~33-40%. There are ways like getting some friend/relative to bring it back from USA by flight by declaring it as their personal laptop.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
And in such a way that you don't have to pay customs duty of ~33-40%. There are ways like getting some friend/relative to bring it back from USA by flight by declaring it as their personal laptop.
I live in the United States for most of the year but this purchase has to be made in India.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I live in the United States for most of the year but this purchase has to be made in India.
I wish but unless some company makes the import and gives me an Indian invoice with a GSTIN, I can't buy that.
I think this purchase is for some reimbursement under some company scheme hence the strict requirement of Indian invoice with GSTIN as Indian companies can not reimburse employees on basis of non-Indian invoices.If that's the case then there is nothing available with GTX1060 below 15.1" screen & forget about slim.
*www.amazon.in/MSI-GP62MVR-7RFX-801...65?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1502445042&sr=1-65

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I think this purchase is for some reimbursement under some company scheme hence the strict requirement of Indian invoice with GSTIN as Indian companies can not reimburse employees on basis of non-Indian invoices.If that's the case then there is nothing available with GTX1060 below 15.1" screen & forget about slim.
*www.amazon.in/MSI-GP62MVR-7RFX-801...65?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1502445042&sr=1-65
Anything with GTX 1050ti but slim and lightweight and again preferably 14"

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Buy MSI GP62MVR 7RFX-801IN 15.6-inch Laptop (7th Gen i7-7700HQ/8GB/1TB/Windows 10/3GB Graphics), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

MSI India is cheaping out on this one. 3 GB GTX 1060 :facepalm:

Top Bottom