looking for a laptop for casual gaming

rajat565

Right off the assembly line
Hello Folks,

I am looking for a laptop which could play games like battlefield and COD for next 2-3 years on mid - high settings. Currently I have a AMD A8 with 7670M laptop so looking for a decent upgrade over this one.

1) What is your budget?
40k INR . stretchable to 45k max, but the lower the better.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
gaming, movies, some excel/SQL/JAVA

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I have shortlisted HP 15 ab031tx with Core i5 nd 940m (45k). Not sure how much it is an upgrade over my current laptop. Also had in mind Asus A55 with corei7+950 but rejected it due to doubt over ASS of ASUS in Faridabad.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Prefer Dell/HP/Lenovo then ACER/SAMSUNG/ASUS etc.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Gaming preferences - COD/battlefield/GTA/FIFA playable on mid-high settings
Display - possibly Anti glare with good viewing angles. I am quite happy with the display in my samsung laptop.

Thanks,

nrgmalik

Broken In
ASUS is far better than the HP here.

(1) ASUS has a quad core cpu i7-4720hq, whereas HP has a weaker dual core i5-5200u cpu.

(2) GTX950M is nearly double in gaming performance than the Geforce 940M.

(3) Although, HP has the better resolution here FULL HD, with HD in its ASUS counterpart.

(4) HP has Windows 8.1 here, while ASUS is free DOS.

But considering the gaming usage, ASUS A550JX XX142D is much better.

Here is a youtube link to unboxing of the ASUS laptop by one of the buyers Unboxing ASUS A550JX-XX142D.

OP
R

rajat565

Right off the assembly line
Thanks guys

I am considering a PS4 from US now.
Few things I want to ask are:
- How is the FPS experience on a console? My brother is not a Pro gamer, plays games only as a stress buster for a couple of hours on weekend. Just want to know if FPS would be an enjoyable experience on a console.(Ok with Auto Aim and everything)? I can't tell him to go and try in a store.
- Would the physical life of a console be affected if kept idle for long periods like 3 months?

Thanks,

Top Bottom