Looking for a high-performance Desktop (pre-built)

nithya

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a high - performance Desktop from branded companies.

(I dont like to assemble as its getting hard and getting delayed to get the desired component. )

Here goes my requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I would be using Video editing softwares and VM wares.
I want my desktop to be fast all time and run long-time and not over-heating at all.
And I want my desktop to use Inter processor as I would be using softwares like Intel Haxm.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: under 75k (not a penny above it)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No I dont have a monitor. I have no much preference on this side.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want to buy everything.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This question does not apply to me as I am buying an pre-built one from a branded company.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: TamilNadu. Buying locally or online or importing from US, anything would do.
(If you suggest online buying, please suggest the site as well).

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like my system to be expandable, atleast the RAM memory.

[Please let me know if this is not the right post to ask this question]

PHOENiX7

Broken In
I am looking for a high - performance Desktop from branded companies.

(I dont like to assemble as its getting hard and getting delayed to get the desired component. )

Here goes my requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I would be using Video editing softwares and VM wares.
I want my desktop to be fast all time and run long-time and not over-heating at all.
And I want my desktop to use Inter processor as I would be using softwares like Intel Haxm.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: under 75k (not a penny above it)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No I dont have a monitor. I have no much preference on this side.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want to buy everything.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This question does not apply to me as I am buying an pre-built one from a branded company.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: TamilNadu. Buying locally or online or importing from US, anything would do.
(If you suggest online buying, please suggest the site as well).

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like my system to be expandable, atleast the RAM memory.

[Please let me know if this is not the right post to ask this question]

buying a pre built rig means wasting your money-very true,what do you mean by getting delayed to get desired components?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Since you can import from USA, XOTIC PC | HYDRA - Stage 1 - Custom Small Form Factor Gaming PC would be good. Remove the OS and Add GTX 970. That also gives you enough option to customise the build even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I'd prefer to assemble a desktop here only. Would be cheaper and easier to RMA the components.

OP
N

nithya

Right off the assembly line
I would like to know your views on this Pre-built machine:

Amazon.com: Dell XPS X8700-3130BLK Desktop: Computers & Accessories

Do you guys think I can make a assembled PC on a cost less than this?

This machine comes with an international warranty. I am planning to buy this through my bro in US who is coming to India in few months.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

This machine comes with an international warranty. I am planning to buy this through my bro in US who is coming to India in few months.

yes.
Deepcool Tesserat - 3k
Antec VP550p - 4k
WD Black 1TB - 5k
Samsung Evo 128GB - 4.5k(?)
Xeon 1231 - 17k
GTX 750Ti - 12k
Gigabyte B85M D3H - 6k
2x8GB HyperXFury - 12k(?)
Asus ODD - 1k
AOC i2369VM -12k

Total ~ 75k

it has better GPU, more VFM CPU, Better HDD, a SSD and you can upgrade anything you want(something pre assembled PCs lack)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

It has GTX 745 DDR3 :rofl: and lacks SSD.

Rule for importing electronics/pc parts, etc from US: NEVER buy underpowered stuff

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
yes.
Deepcool Tesserat - 3k
Antec VP550p - 4k
WD Black 1TB - 5k
Samsung Evo 128GB - 4.5k(?)
Xeon 1231 - 17k
GTX 750Ti - 12k
Gigabyte B85M D3H - 6k
2x8GB HyperXFury - 12k(?)
Asus ODD - 1k
AOC i2369VM -12k

Total ~ 75k

it has better GPU, more VFM CPU, Better HDD, a SSD and you can upgrade anything you want(something pre assembled PCs lack)
get a better mobo..
u might need to look at this
*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboards/188811-discrepancy-pics-h81m-s1-b85m-ds3h-motherboard.html

otherwise looks ok.

eureka

Banned
Drop the stupid idea of getting a branded PC. I know someone might have suggested you that hey branded PC are better than assembled ones, but just say him the f word and buy an assembled rig.

funskar

Padawan
seems to be a brand fan..
even your brand buys rig components from various manufacturers & give u a crap branded hardware..
ddr3 gpu in a 75k rig..hahahaha:lol:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
get a better mobo..
u might need to look at this
*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboards/188811-discrepancy-pics-h81m-s1-b85m-ds3h-motherboard.html

otherwise looks ok.

well i'm not updated with all the mobos and you guys are here for that :p

Top Bottom