Looking for a 24-27" Gaming Monitor

markerOne

In the zone
1. Budget?
15-25k (can stretch 2-3k more if really needed)
2. Display type and size?
> 22" - panel type isn't important.
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Gaming & Movies
4. Types and number of ports required?
Display Port & HDMI - no.of ports doesn't matter.
5. Preferred choice of brand?
None
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Still looking :(
7. Any other info that you want to share.
My current rig has a GTX 1070 - so getting a G-Sync Compatible monitor would be preferable.

I don't see much of QHD/WQXGA G-Sync compatible monitors in the price range. I'd like to know if going for 2k resolution will be future proof or going for FHD should be sufficient for the current gen games.

LG 32GK650F - 32" 1440p 144Hz VA freesync display (g-sync compatible) - 25k now, was available for 23-24k with bank offers, etc during sales
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07FLGR2PN/?coliid=I303V6UERFPUAT&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Big 32" display, might not be everyone's cup of tea. Better to check a 32" TV physically & compare it with how far away you will keep your monitor. Overall a great panel, higher contrast than IPS helps with dark scenes.

Acer VG271U - 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS freesync display (g-sync compatible) - 27k, seen it for as low as 25k during sales w/o bank offers
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07N41RNX7/?coliid=I3JD87B9O5BHIZ&colid=33YJTDVPO6E9Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
27" is better for most people. IPS has great viewing angles & bit better response times compared to VA but at the cost of contrast ratio (helps with blacks). It has HDR400 support (lowest HDR standard) with a bit better colour reproduction compared to the LG model.

I think you need to connect the GPU to display via DP to use g-sync.

Comparison:
Acer VG271UP vs LG 32GK650F-B Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison

GTX 1070 is powerful enough for running bit older games & some new ones at 1440 60fps at high/ultra. Since a monitor is not something you upgrade often, better to get a 1440p one as your budget allows for a 1440p 144Hz monitor. Later when you change CPU & GPU, you will be able to run more games at 1440p. The industry is shifting towards 4K gaming slowly, so better to step up from 1080p.

Top Bottom