Logitech mk270r Keyboard and Mouse Set warranty issue

anarchy0x

In the zone
Purchased it from amazon & it's still in warranty but can't find the mouse, someone from my family may have accidentally thrown it away as it wasn't working thinking it was an old one.
logitech service center said they will replace both mouse & keyboard, but they will not give replacement if I just have the keyboard :(
So, anyway I can still get warranty on the keyboard only?
Thanks

quicky008

Technomancer
I don't think its possible....but still talk to them and state that you don't need a replacement for the mouse, you only want the keyboard to be replaced If you can convince them well enough, maybe they will agree to it.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Purchased it from amazon & it's still in warranty but can't find the mouse, someone from my family may have accidentally thrown it away as it wasn't working thinking it was an old one.
logitech service center said they will replace both mouse & keyboard, but they will not give replacement if I just have the keyboard :(
So, anyway I can still get warranty on the keyboard only?
Thanks
Tried that but they were quite adamant about it

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Send a e-mail to logitech and see what's they are saying about this. I mean say you have a perfectly working mouse but the KB is only malfunctioning so you will only want the KB as replacement. Is not this is the most logical way warranty claim and replacement shall work ?

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Send a e-mail to logitech and see what's they are saying about this. I mean say you have a perfectly working mouse but the KB is only malfunctioning so you will only want the KB as replacement. Is not this is the most logical way warranty claim and replacement shall work ?

I've lost the mouse but I have the of of warranty..they say they will give replacement only I've both the things, not just the keyboard

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
File a warranty claim online :
Submit a request – Logitech Support + Download

Don't mention you don't have the mouse. The invoice and serial no. shall suffice.

As for Walk in Service Center : You must have the combo as per logitech policy. So try the online way.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As for Walk in Service Center : You must have the combo as per logitech policy.
I thought it was service center's deliberate attempt to reject the claim. What a strange policy.
Why would they put something like this in the first place?
My experience with Logitech warranty claim was extremely smooth. Didn't expect something like this from Logitech.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
from google cache : Can't find it on Logitech website now :
Logitech Walk-In Center (WIC) support in India

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
They may need both because this combo comes in one box, and is identified by the company as one product. They must be using a single bar code for the identification of both devices. If you try online and send your keyboard (only) to them via courier preferably in the original box, they might not notice it.

Top Bottom