Linux Adds to Super Computing Dominance

duh

Broken In
my view on linux?
its for misers, cheap A-Holes, conscious and thoughtful, who cares a flying whatever to whoever says. i will say he, i am not sexist, but mostly FOSS is 98% male dominated.
my question here?
well, any OS is good and nice, if the user knows what he is doing. if the user doesnt know jack squat of what to do with it? then OS's like openbsd and hardened gentoo is utter useless, so this applies to M$'s OS's too.
windows can also be hardened, but the issue is the price involved, man power, documentation, software hours, et al, various conditions, a joe user will never care to click on even auto fetch the necessary security updates in windows.
now coming to FOSS (like bsds, linuxes, solaris, et al), the user must know WTF to do, if the user guesses like one post "how to be a hacker" then the sexiest OS knitted with almost all features related to security and stability is void.
so when it comes to BSD, Linux, Unix et al? i will say YMMV, and certainly; BSD, Linux, Unix are more superior than M$ and Apple products.
a joe linux user, who doesnt know how to compile his custom kernel and patch up the security holes? then what good admin is he?
i am a debianphile, because of their auditing system and strict policy, and when its stable? i hardly see any update, damn good. debian rules. adore LFS->/BLFS->/HLFS, still too lazy to automate everything in LFS. my choice debian. and seriously with the so much hype about ubuntu, wtf is ubuntu?
glusterfs was ranked number 2 unofficially in super computer market in 2005-2006 and 3 rd officially, we got clustering via beowulf clusters and clusterfs and many more redundancy and fault tolerant clustering file system. so still linux and BSD and other FOSS unix are wayyyyyy ahead.
MAC and Windows, see ya.

Top Bottom