LinkedIn Premium for jobs

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
How to use linkedin premium for its full usage to get jobs at product base companies?I recently got it to apply for jobs.
I tried messaging the recruiters personally to get referral.What are other methods?
Anyone has any experience with that.
@Desmond David
@thetechfreak Did you got a job yet?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IDK, I don't use LinkedIn Premium, though some of my connections on LinkedIn do.

IMO it's kind like Tinder premium, you just get some additional details to get more insights into who is watching your page. I mean I don't have the time to keep checking who is looking for me on LinkedIn.

But if someone can tell me some tangible benefits of getting premium then I'll think about it.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
IDK, I don't use LinkedIn Premium, though some of my connections on LinkedIn do.

IMO it's kind like Tinder premium, you just get some additional details to get more insights into who is watching your page. I mean I don't have the time to keep checking who is looking for me on LinkedIn.

But if someone can tell me some tangible benefits of getting premium then I'll think about it.
I mean if your peers have experience of getting job with linkedin please do share.
Actually i applied to lot of jobs at linkedin but rarely get any response.I mostly get sorry we are moving with other candidate.
This makes me think that it recruiters there are looking for tier 1 candidates only.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I had used Linkedin Premium long back.

Its like naukri but paid.
Employers can approach you directly and you too can apply for any open job listing.

Why Linkedin Premium and not Naukri or Monster?

Well, in Naukri you can't always know who's contacting you. Could be fraud too. In Linkedin you can check profile details of the person who contacted you.
No other benefit.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I had received some offers sometime back but never really replied to any of them since I was not looking for a switch. I have not received any offers since, but then again I have not set my profile to "Looking for a job", so there's that.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Companies in Linked generally hire Candidates with 10-15+ experience. For freshers it is tough to get a Call. And most of them happen through connected Referral.

LinkedIn is completely different from other Job portals such as Timesjobs, Monsters & Naukri.

LinkedIn is a social networking site with a chance to get hired for a Job.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Companies in Linked generally hire Candidates with 10-15+ experience. For freshers it is tough to get a Call. And most of them happen through connected Referral.

LinkedIn is completely different from other Job portals such as Timesjobs, Monsters & Naukri.

LinkedIn is a social networking site with a chance to get hired for a Job.
Thanks for reply I didnt know that linkedin companies needed 10-15+ years of experience Which job portal will you recommend for freshers?

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

Employers can approach you directly and you too can apply for any open job listing.

Well, in Naukri you can't always know who's contacting you. Could be fraud too. In Linkedin you can check profile details of the person who contacted you.
No other benefit.
I heard that linkedin has better jobs for product based companies so preferred trying linkedin

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

No other benefit.
So do you think naukri premium worth it?

quicky008

Technomancer
^NO,naukri is currently under siege by fraudsters and scammers .

Try indeed.com-its somewhat better than all the naukri/monster etc and their ilk.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks for reply I didnt know that linkedin companies needed 10-15+ years of experience Which job portal will you recommend for freshers?
I would say do the following:
1. Register in all the Job portals you know.
2. Update your Resume to the latest (make it more impactful/concise and clear) - Select a good template format also because most of the recruiters filter out candidates on Bad resumes (Boring/Bad template etc.)
3. In most of the portals you will get notification whenever an Employer views/accepts your profile.
4. Watch YouTube videos on how to improve your chances in a Job selection process
5. Improve your referral contacts
6. Lookout for Off-Campus Walk-ins. (There are sites which will provide info in upcoming Job Walk-ins etc.)
7. Make a checklist of your weak areas and start working on those from Today!

Once you register on portals. You will start getting emails/phone calls from various recruiters including scam calls where they will say to pay for the selection process of the interview (DON'T do it).

BE VIGILANT! and Happy JOB HUNTING :)

I heard that linkedin has better jobs for product based companies so preferred trying linkedin
For Freshers its difficult to get a Job on LinkedIn. Because as I said LinkedIn works on Referral model where you have lot of connections and Employer will check if you have connections who are already working in their Company.

Look for Startups also as you will get an excellent experience even if its a short term Job.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Naukri is generally good. Just register, upload your resume and your inbox will be spammed by recruiters (depends on how much your skills are in demand, so YMMV).

Just don't settle for contract-to-hire jobs, these will be the most common type of job listing and if you get a call confirm that it's not a contract-to-hire job but a full time job.

But yeah, a referral would be a better option since knowing someone on the inside might increase your odds of getting selected by a bit. You might still need to clear interviews, etc though.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I would say do the following:
1. Register in all the Job portals you know.
2. Update your Resume to the latest (make it more impactful/concise and clear) - Select a good template format also because most of the recruiters filter out candidates on Bad resumes (Boring/Bad template etc.)
3. In most of the portals you will get notification whenever an Employer views/accepts your profile.
4. Watch YouTube videos on how to improve your chances in a Job selection process
5. Improve your referral contacts
6. Lookout for Off-Campus Walk-ins. (There are sites which will provide info in upcoming Job Walk-ins etc.)
7. Make a checklist of your weak areas and start working on those from Today!

Once you register on portals. You will start getting emails/phone calls from various recruiters including scam calls where they will say to pay for the selection process of the interview (DON'T do it).

BE VIGILANT! and Happy JOB HUNTING :)

For Freshers its difficult to get a Job on LinkedIn. Because as I said LinkedIn works on Referral model where you have lot of connections and Employer will check if you have connections who are already working in their Company.

Look for Startups also as you will get an excellent experience even if its a short term Job.
I already have done most of the points One thing i want to know where do i apply for startup jobs?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
How to use linkedin premium for its full usage to get jobs at product base companies?I recently got it to apply for jobs.
I tried messaging the recruiters personally to get referral.What are other methods?
Anyone has any experience with that.
@Desmond David
@thetechfreak Did you got a job yet?
Premium isn't really that useful I feel. Atleast when applying in India there are so many candidates. Try the free month and see if you get any help.

Top Bottom