Lightweight Laptop with good battery life

vishnov

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a laptop strictly for office use under 30k. I have a Lenovo Y50-70 that I'm done carrying around my back all the time and keep it plugged to a charger all the time. I need something that's practical and easy to carry around. I've already hurt my back enough.

Preferences:
Windows 10/Linux - Minimum 4GB RAM - Display 13"or 14"- HDD or SSD - Ideally 6+hrs of backup - Weight not more than 1.6kg

I have shortlisted two laptops that I've mentioned below. If you could suggest me something better, it'd be greatly appreciated.

1. ASUS Vivobook Core i3 X407UA-BV345T

2. Lenovo Ideapad 330S AMD A9 81F8001GIN (i'm not too sure about AMD though)*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-14-in...e_five_browse-bin:7005011031|7005012031&psc=1

AND FINALLY..one last thing. Is it possible to buy a low end laptop (around 18k or something) and upgrade it with SSD and RAM? I've seen 128 GB SSD and 4 GB RAM go around 2.5k online. Would that be a good move?

Low end laptops have weak CPUs, just don't get it. At least get something with i3 6th gen or AMD Ryzen 2200U (avoid other AMD CPUs). Wait for sales during Diwali, you might find laptops a bit cheaper.

The Asus option seems better.

I would say this an even better option due to 1080p display & M.2 SSD slot.
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Vivobook-X507UA...07CYZNQ93/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Last edited:
OP
vishnov

vishnov

Journeyman
Low end laptops have weak CPUs, just don't get it. At least get something with i3 6th gen or AMD Ryzen 2200U (avoid other AMD CPUs). Wait for sales during Diwali, you might find laptops a bit cheaper.

The Asus option seems better.

I would say this an even better option due to 1080p display & M.2 SSD slot.
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Vivobook-X507UA...07CYZNQ93/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
thanks man. I'll wait until Diwali sale.

Top Bottom