Lightweight Laptop for MBA Student

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi Guys,

My 4 year old Dell Laptop is about to give up the ghost, the screen is showing lines, its gotten very slow and battery life is abysmal even after changing it. So I am looking to purchase a new laptop.

Overview of my Requirements: MBA student, no time to play games (No Graphics Card). Mostly work contains making ppts and a lot of excel, ms access, sql server, tableau, r, spss and other simulation/analytics software (CPU/RAM intensive). A lot of online research and creating reports (Screen and Keyboard). Have to carry the laptop to class 3/4 times a day (Weight and Screensize). Most of the time away from a charging point (Battery Life). The laptop will be moving a lot, so require a sturdy build. Free times spent by watching Movies, TV Shows etc on Netflix/Prime and streaming songs on Spotify. Require original windows.

In short, I require a business/office laptop with a good amount of processing power, long battery life, low weight and connectivity. Mac won't do. Require Windows 10 home preinstalled, no need for office as my institute provides the entire suit.

1) What is your budget?

A. 50k, can go upto 60k.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

A. 14-15"

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

A. MS Office (Powerpoint, MS Excel, Access, R, SPSS and other business simulation/analytics software), lot of browsing. No gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

A. i5, 4-8GB RAM, Long Battery Life, Lightweight office laptop.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: Dell
b. Dislike: Acer

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution: Any
  • Battery back up: Extended (5-7hrs+)
  • Purchase place: Online/Offline (Mumbai)
  • Graphics Card: Should not have
  • Weight: Around 2.5KG max

Top Bottom