Lightweight gaming laptop for 60 K

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hi all,

As the topic suggests, I'm looking for a lightweight ultraportable laptop that is capable of handling some gaming. Now, I'm not looking for a 20" Alienware type machine...but I'd like to have the following:

Dual core 2.0 GHz atleast
2 GB RAM
100 GB HDD Atleast...but this is negotiable
Display is totally negotiable...
HAS to be WiFi compatible, preferably without a Broadcom chipset WiFi card
256 MB Video Card...preferably NVIDIA based, preferably Geforce 7600 plus...

Is this possible? Ideally, I'm looking for a very lightweight laptop which has good battery life (in the region of 3 hrs or more) with some gaming capability. As long as I'm able to play Oblivion and NWN 2 on it on low to medium quality, I'm happy.The prime concern however, is good battery life, VERY low weight and decent CPU/RAM performance. I don't care if the monitor size is 12" also...but price must NOT cross 60K.

Umm...what else?? As far as graphics card is concerned, like I said...smooth Oblivion performance is required...if possible, I'd like a DirectX 10 based solution...8600 Go versions maybe? But I dunno if those are out yet...

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
I agree...I really like the M1210...its beautiful, small AND cheap...but the graphics is a problem. I looked around and the HP laptops are also REALLY nice...I'm thinking of waiting for a while and picking up the M1210 only. These fellows at Dell upgrade the graphics now and then, so once they move up to 7600 GS or 7900 GS or maybe even the 8600 GS like they have in America, I can pick it up.

At any rate, I need it next year Jan thak!

And I forgot to ask in the original post, I want my lappie to be fully Linux compatible...graphics and battery and touchpad and all the other things should work fine in Sabayon or PCLOS...

Pathik

Google Bot
now as dell has started shipping its lappies wit linux pre installed i dont think there shd be any hardware compatibility issues... btw till next jan u can easily get a xps m1210 wit a go 8600 or similar..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom