LGA-1155 mobo

rahulbasu

Broken In
Hi,

I have an ASUS P8H61-M LX mobo that is giving me a lot of trouble. I wanted suggestions on a new mobo that would have an LGA-1155 socket.

Thanks
Rahul

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Can you share the symptoms you are getting that gives you indication that it's your mobo that's giving you the trouble?

quicky008

Technomancer
its really difficult to find decent lga 1155 motherboards these days,as it happens to be an older platform.

Gigabyte recently released a b75 chipset based mobo called GA-b75m-s,you could take a look at that.Its available for around 4500.

OP
R

rahulbasu

Broken In
Can you share the symptoms you are getting that gives you indication that it's your mobo that's giving you the trouble?
Different problems show up at different times. Here's what happened the last time I tried booting it.
1. Didn't get to bios. Cleaned ram contacts, shifted to another slot. Need to shut power for a minute (otherwise will stay in this mode)
2. Didn't get to bios. Beeped one long and two short. Shifted ram to yet another slot. Need to shut power for a minute (otherwise will stay in this mode)
3. Booted. Ended up at Windows 10 error saying that a file was corrupted
4. Booted. Ended up at same screen as before
5. Booted. Got into windows. Worked. Started windows update. Left computer to run for a while & went off. Came back, no signal to monitor, unresponsive keyboard & mouse.
6. Booted - didn't get to bios. Need to shut power for a minute (otherwise will stay in this mode)

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just once by taking the PC to nearby repair shop or by trying to get another PSU (may be borrowed from somebody), just eliminate any possibility of faulty PSU. Need to power down system for some time before it can start again, might as well point to PSU not being able to generate good output under load. A sudden freeze might also point to some sort of bad I/O between board or RAM or storage device like HDD.

Also try MemTest (directly off CD or USB) to test the RAM if it can boot successfully next time. Run Live Linux for some time and see if the symptoms reoccur.

Once RAM, PSU & HDD are out of scope, you can nearly ascertain that it's the motherboard.

Top Bottom