LG XNote E200 for 40000, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
OK Guyz, I am looking for a 12.1 inch laptop, having sold out my Compaq C303TU. I am tight on funds. I zeroed in on three models.

Compaq B1214 - 45000

Sahara EK 66 - 42000

Both have same config only the Compaq comes with Vista Home Premium.

The one I finalised however is

LG E200-A.C288A2 - 40000 Rs

Specifications
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5450, (2MB L2 Cache, 1.66GHz, 667MHz FSB)
Operating System -Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic (To be wiped and replaced with Win XP Home)
Chipset - ATI RS600ME
Memory - 1024 MB DDR2
Display - 12.1" WXGA(1280x800),*Fine Bright Technology
Graphics - ATI Radeon
HDD - 160GB SATA, HDD
ODD - DVD Super Multi Dual Layer (DVD-R/RW, +R/RW, RAM)

Communication

WLAN Antenna - Dual Hexa-band Antenna
Bluetooth
10/100MB Ethernet

Webcam 1.3 Mega Pixel
Expansion Slot Multimedia Card Slot
5-in-1 Multimedia card reader
PC Card Slot
ExpressCard/34

Input/Output Port
3USB, VGA, RJ45, Mic-in, Headphone, DC In
Battery 6Cell(Li-Ion)
Weight - 1.98Kgs

Now all that I have to do is word processing, some spreadsheets. Email, surfing and usual stuff.

Gaming would be basic 2D, like Mythwar which is 2D MMORPG etc, nothing heavy, (I have a PS2) for that.

Is the config worth the 40000 price tag.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The config of LG Xnote is definitely not worth the 40000 price tag...

Why don't don't you have a look upon Acer 5920 which is for Rs. 36500 and comes with 2 GB RAM and 15.4'' crystalbrite display. It has 2 MP web cam instead of 1.3 MP... (5 in 1 card reader, 160 GB SATA, X3100 Media Accelarator) (www.acer.co.in)

OR Go in for DELL Inspiron 1525 with the same configuration but 8 in 1 card reader. Must be arnd 38500 I think. Check on www. dell.co.in. You can customise it also according 2 ur needs....

These r much better than LG XNote. However this is just my personal opinion.. U must check them out.....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Dell Vostro 1200. Look no further!

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/...ostronb_1200?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn

Add Camera and fingerprint reader, and you're good to go. Final price is inclusive of excise duty. VAT will be additional but the sales rep will offer that amount as discount. It's surely the best VFM 12.1" laptop with updated hardware specs. Also next business day on-site after-sales support.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@Pathik and Pankaj

Acer would have been fine only if they had looks. I find their looks comparable to Intel classmate PC, what with the curves and all.

@ sourabh
Dell looks fine but I have never purchased online, nor do I want to use credit card, do they offer cash on delivery? what other payment options do i have?

mkmkmk

In the zone
Dont ever think of LG, i have very bad exp with them regarding my desktop.And i know same guys will be support of laptop.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Mohit, purchasing Dell is not at all a problem. u can check the models online (www.dell.co.in) and do the selection. Then talk to a Sales representative on the toll free number mentioned in the site and discuss with him the price and all. Ask him for a discount if possible...
In case u don't want 2 use the credit card, u can get a demand draft made and send it to the company along with ur order details... On receipt of ur DD, ur order is processed and the lappy is delivered on the shipping address u mention hopefully within 5-7 working days... The Dell representative will pay a visit to the shipping address and install the laptop after it has been delivered...
Thatz simple...No problem at all...
Go for it.. DELL is DELL aft. all.... They have a put a new plant in Chennai and now delivery can be even quicker than 5-7 days depending upon the destination...

mkmkmk is right...Don't go for LG. They r not reliable.

Last edited:
OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Dont I need to order a Vostro using a commercial credit card or somethig, Is it available to home user?

azzu

AJJU
^ thats the problem iam currently facing with my frnds COmpaq the HDD and finger print sensor r not being DEtected

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Just one point, since you will wipe it anyways, why even bother getting one with Vista then? Can't you go for something non-OS or pre-Linux(Dell) loaded one and later wipe them! Don't you think you can cut costs a lot by this?

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
No, Not in India. We do not get that option:(
Dell forces us to choose from Vista HB, Home premium, Business and Ultimate or Windows XP pro .

Getting XP pro costs 3500 rs extra.

Since I already have an original license of XP home, Home basic is the only option. Only if Dell would allow Indians to get Linux.:(

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I ordered a Vostro 1000. With Vista Basic selected, I changed the selection to Windows XP Home. But there was no change in price. Happy customer of Dell!

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^ thats the problem iam currently facing with my frnds COmpaq the HDD and finger print sensor r not being DEtected

for ur hdd to be detected by the XP installation cd in ur Compaq lappy just enter the bios and disable the SATA Native Support.then u can install xp without any hitch.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Cleared it from the sales exec of Dell and got a decent discount. I have the quotation in hand. Rs 40902, all inclusive: This config is wat I wud placed order for:

Dell VOSTRO 1200 Laptop

-Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5470 (1.6GHz, 2MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
-Integrated 2.0 mega pixel web cam
-Palmrest with finger print reader
-Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Basic 32 bit (English)
-12.1 inch WXGA (1280 x 800 screen resolution) with TrueLife
-1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2
-160GB SATA Hard Drive
-Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
-Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
-Intel(R) 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-Card
-Integrated Stereo Sound
-Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
-6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
-Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
-Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 -Internal 56K Modem
-3-in-1 media card reader
-1 ExpressCard Slot
-RJ-11 Modem cable (AP)
-65W AC Adapter
-No Case :( Holy cow, it was a great idea to save my HP bag)
-McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) - 15 Months OEM (Yuck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom