LG Stylus 3 battery draining very fast & warranty

anarchy0x

In the zone
Battery drains very fast, in like 4-5 hours at times even if I'm not talking on the mobile. It's a 320 mah battery as per gsm arena.

Also, my warranty is expiring, should I continue it so that the battery issue can be solved? Is this most likely a battery issue or could be something else too?

And even otherwise, does it make sense to continue warranty? Price is about 1200 per year

Thanks

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
THanks, I'll do that but shouldI continue my warranty or not?
Also, even if I've not installed greenify, the discharge should still not be that much, don't you think?
Your phone wasn't worth buying (because of the alternatives) when you bought it. Why waste more money on it?
Apps running in the background would consume battery and if you have data/wifi/gps on, they would be syncing as well. GPS options also has wifi and bluetooth scanning set to "on" at times.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Your phone wasn't worth buying (because of the alternatives) when you bought it. Why waste more money on it?
Apps running in the background would consume battery and if you have data/wifi/gps on, they would be syncing as well. GPS options also has wifi and bluetooth scanning set to "on" at times.

Yup, I do regret buying it.. but my old Xiomi would last for about 10-12 hrs easily if I'm not mistaken, you think battery draining fast could be some hardware error as well?

Netwilia

Right off the assembly line
Is your warranty applicable to the phone battery? Many warranties exclude it because of the rapid deterioration. If yes, you can continue it and get the battery replaced, but if I were you, I would buy a new phone instead.

Johnk Wilson

Broken In
There is some tips that could save the LG battery life for your reference:
1) Use Low Power Mode
2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications
3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
4) Do not Activate Location Service
5) Lower Screen Brightness
6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications
7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds

Top Bottom