LG Optimus L9 shattered screen

mitraark

Decrepit
So I fell asleep while listening to music on my phone and woke up next morning to find this.

The glass is shattered But the LCD seems to fine.

Where can I get the glass replaced,Kolkata area.

How much can it cost, all total?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
A screen can break like that by sleeping on it?

I love LG devices.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a LCD, and by looking at the size of that screen I'm guessing around 6k, could be less. Asking CC is the only option needless to say.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have LG Optimus L9. Recently its giving me software issue. You can take my phone's LCD if you want.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
The touch screen is fine, I think only the glass above it is damaged,can't I.just change the glass ?

LG service center,Kolkata address anyone ?

It was my mistake entirely for breaking the phone, it's not about LGs build quality. To be honest the phone has been dropped at least 50 Times and nothing happened previously.

I wasn't sleeping on a bed per se when it broke, and even then it was probably because I somehow pressed against it with my elbow or something against an uneven surface which caused it to give up.

I have been satisfied with the phone for the last 18 months,and I vehementmy oppose the statement that LG is an unreliable brand.

tkin

Back to school!!
A screen can break like that by sleeping on it?

I love LG devices.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a LCD, and by looking at the size of that screen I'm guessing around 6k, could be less. Asking CC is the only option needless to say.
Depends on how you sleep on it, I'd heard that some phones bend if you put them in a tight pocket, its all about how you use them.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The XDA forums for G2 says its pretty robust. I'd been using it for one year now, I've no issues with durability.
Good to know. Have you dropped it? My comment is based on YouTube drop test videos only. Yeah people say those are meaningless but I don't agree, an overall generalization on build can be taken from those tests.

To be quite honest I like the G3, and even considering it, but the build is scaring me, along with that bloody display of course!

tkin

Back to school!!
Good to know. Have you dropped it? My comment is based on YouTube drop test videos only. Yeah people say those are meaningless but I don't agree, an overall generalization on build can be taken from those tests.

To be quite honest I like the G3, and even considering it, but the build is scaring me, along with that bloody display of course!
Well I'm not going to drop and test my mobile. I'm careful enough to never had dropped the L9 or G2. But my mother is using the L9 now, she had dropped it plenty of times without any damage, although its covered with a flipcover.

R2K

In the Zone

Just wondering how do the people who conduct drop test really manage to get phones replaced after smashing them intentionally ? They do the testing with expensive brand new devices.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I'm not going to drop and test my mobile. I'm careful enough to never had dropped the L9 or G2. But my mother is using the L9 now, she had dropped it plenty of times without any damage, although its covered with a flipcover.
Lol, I asked if you have dropped it or not. I don't drop my phones either, but I want to stay confident that if a phone were to drop I would not have to worry about it. I don't handle phones with care, and never will.
Just wondering how do the people who conduct drop test really manage to get phones replaced after smashing them intentionally ? They do the testing with expensive brand new devices.
Some of them get the phones from manufacturer itself to conduct those drop tests, don't know about others.

Top Bottom