LG Monitor Cheapest Price Online ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something called as a Complete Package and if one gets that in the form of well sounding in-built speakers, I think that is a welcomed thing right ? Otherwise the difference between the BENQ Model you guys have suggested and the LG Model I am thinking about is Nil !!
Those stuff are called TVs. Monitors exist because they are meant to prioritize on display quality, cheap TVs aren't necessarily better than similar priced monitor, people use monitors for professional work. But for a general consumer, if the size isn't a concern, TV is better for media consumption.

Again, I'd recommend just getting a monitor + speakers, you can get a decent 2.1 sound system for 1.5k or so which will be better than even the speakers found on most TVs (those with attached sound bars are the exception).

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Those stuff are called TVs. Monitors exist because they are meant to prioritize on display quality, cheap TVs aren't necessarily better than similar priced monitor, people use monitors for professional work. But for a general consumer, if the size isn't a concern, TV is better for media consumption.

Nope those are also called Monitors ? If Companies were to go by your Philosophy or interpretation of Monitors are, we would have never seen Speakers ever in one single Monitors.

I understand Monitors are largely used to mirror Images and Pictures but gone are the days when someone would say I would only use Monitors to just display not anything else. That is a very old and outdated vision.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is something called as a Complete Package and if one gets that in the form of well sounding in-built speakers, I think that is a welcomed thing right ? Otherwise the difference between the BENQ Model you guys have suggested and the LG Model I am thinking about is Nil !!
Complete package is fine for a holiday tour but not cases like these. You buy monitor to watch display output & you need speakers to listen to the sound. What's the point in watching a full HD video on a good quality screen with poor sound or watching on a poor screen with good sound unless you prefer one over other.

Nope those are also called Monitors ? If Companies were to go by your Philosophy or interpretation of Monitors are, we would have never seen Speakers ever in one single Monitors.

I understand Monitors are largely used to mirror Images and Pictures but gone are the days when someone would say I would only use Monitors to just display not anything else. That is a very old and outdated vision.
Actually that is called marketing, introduce new models with some extra features just to set apart your brand from competitors. There are people who buy 5k monitors with TN panel & still happy with it & there are people complaining about picture quality & colour reproduction on a 1 lakh+ LED tv. It all depends on you, if you are ok with lesser picture quality at the cost of a bit increased audio quality then no issue as it is you who is going to see & hear so your choice matters & not others'.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Complete package is fine for a holiday tour but not cases like these. You buy monitor to watch display output & you need speakers to listen to the sound. What's the point in watching a full HD video on a good quality screen with poor sound or watching on a poor screen with good sound unless you prefer one over other.

Looks like you only look out for Packages in Holidays. Rest of the world do believe in a Complete Package/Deal/ Proposition/idea whatever you wanna call it. Anyways that is Personal Preference. If you prefer that way nobody is stopping you. But there is nothing here that if you think that way others may also think the same way.

Actually that is called marketing, introduce new models with some extra features just to set apart your brand from competitors. There are people who buy 5k monitors with TN panel & still happy with it & there are people complaining about picture quality & colour reproduction on a 1 lakh+ LED tv. It all depends on you, if you are ok with lesser picture quality at the cost of a bit increased audio quality then no issue as it is you who is going to see & hear so your choice matters & not others'.

You have given answer to your first comment in the second. Exactly. It is Purely Individual Preference. So even when people here who say that Monitors are only used for viewing and not anything else. With the absence of speakers in it Yes that maybe true, But even with some Mediocre Speakers if the user think it is ok for him, There is nothing wrong in it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's good. So I think this matter is settled then. Go with the monitor you selected but buy it only from amazon fulfilled/flipkart assured sellers.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
That's good. So I think this matter is settled then. Go with the monitor you selected but buy it only from amazon fulfilled/flipkart assured sellers.

Absolutely ! People here were just trying to Push their Philosophy that it is criminal to listen to the in-built Speakers in a Monitor and how Monitors are only used or viewing :) Hence was debating :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Speakers need space and OEMs prioritize using good panels in as little space as possible for bezel-less appeal.
Those in-built speakers might not be as well sounding as you want them to be.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Guys just a passing thought between the LG 24MP88HV Monitor that I have shortlisted and between any of the DELL Monitors like the Dell U2419HC Which would be a better choice ? If Price is not the considering thing ?

I have heard compared to the LG Monitors, Dell colours appear it a little washed out.

quicky008

Technomancer
Absolutely ! People here were just trying to Push their Philosophy that it is criminal to listen to the in-built Speakers in a Monitor and how Monitors are only used or viewing :) Hence was debating :)
I have the LG mp88Hv-bought it last year from amazon.Let me tell you that while its display quality is pretty good,its speakers sound absolutely awful,even at the highest possible volume!

For reference,my 250 Rs worth usb frontech speakers sound louder and clearer than the built in speakers of the lg monitor,which sound extremely dull and muffled most of the time-dialogues in movies or games are barely audible unless you sit very closely to the monitor and strain your ears a great deal.So if you buy this monitor for its built in speaker gimmick,you will be making a big mistake!

Most of the members in this forum are very experienced and have been in the industry a long time(eg whitestar_999),they are not trying to expound their "philosophy" before you,nor are they trying to hoodwink you in any way-they are merely sharing their practical experience to help you make the right decision.So showing a smidgen of politeness or respect to the older members isn't going to hurt too much i guess.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys just a passing thought between the LG 24MP88HV Monitor that I have shortlisted and between any of the DELL Monitors like the Dell U2419HC Which would be a better choice ? If Price is not the considering thing ?

I have heard compared to the LG Monitors, Dell colours appear it a little washed out.
*www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/2e6b159d

*www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/beee83e

Seems similar at least on paper.

I have the LG mp88Hv-bought it last year from amazon.Let me tell you that while its display quality is pretty good,its speakers sound absolutely awful,even at the highest possible volume!

For reference,my 250 Rs worth usb frontech speakers sound louder and clearer than the built in speakers of the lg monitor,which sound extremely dull and muffled most of the time-dialogues in movies or games are barely audible unless you sit very closely to the monitor and strain your ears a great deal.So if you buy this monitor for its built in speaker gimmick,you will be making a big mistake!

Most of the members in this forum are very experienced and have been in the industry a long time(eg whitestar_999),they are not trying to expound their "philosophy" before you,nor are they trying to hoodwink you in any way-they are merely sharing their practical experience to help you make the right decision.So showing a smidgen of politeness or respect to the older members isn't going to hurt too much i guess.

Looks like I over-estimated the capabilities of such in-built speakers when I made this comment:

I have nothing else to say when you prioritize speakers in a monitor. Since it is a desktop, get external speakers, I'll bet that ₹500 speakers will sound better than those in-built speakers.

99% sRGB is good but that on an 8bit panel is better than one on 6bit+FRC. Surely factory calibration matters as well.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman

I appreciate your actual user feedback on how the actual speaker volume and quality is on this Monitor. But on your other part where you are giving me Mantra of Life (Not needed really ) still, But please do not try to advocate or Lobby for someone that he is a Industry Veteran and he is Untouched. Just being in a Chat Forum and posting comments and replies day in and day out does not make anyone like a Publicly acclaimed and accepted Guru of the Industry. If you go through most of his comments he just keeps adding some nuggets here and there nothing in-depth by picking up something from the Internet and Pasting it here. So you call a Copy Paste Job an Industry expert. Anyways, for someone to be accepted as Industry Veteran he needs to be Publicly Acclaimed for that he needs to reveal his true Identity so that people can judge his true achievements in Life or wherever, otherwise it is all behind the curtains game. Where nothing is absolute !!

Like for.e.g Post#32 he says looks similar now If one has to take a call based only on what is written in specifications, it is not really a value addition !! is it ? Like you said you have it and you have experienced so your feedback and comment becomes more valuable, not just comparing it online and telling others something like "Looks the same" That anybody can do it.

As far as showing Politeness to senior members what is senior ?? Just because he joined a forum some 10 years back and he has all the time in the world but to be on this forum and he is addicted to this forum and has a 1000 Post under his belt he is a senior ? I do not accept that Concept. But since you were trying to advise me I would say keep it to yourself. Again not required !!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I appreciate your actual user feedback on how the actual speaker volume and quality is on this Monitor. But on your other part where you are giving me Mantra of Life (Not needed really ) still, But please do not try to advocate or Lobby for someone that he is a Industry Veteran and he is Untouched. Just being in a Chat Forum and posting comments and replies day in and day out does not make anyone like a Publicly acclaimed and accepted Guru of the Industry. If you go through most of his comments he just keeps adding some nuggets here and there nothing in-depth by picking up something from the Internet and Pasting it here. So you call a Copy Paste Job an Industry expert. Anyways, for someone to be accepted as Industry Veteran he needs to be Publicly Acclaimed for that he needs to reveal his true Identity so that people can judge his true achievements in Life or wherever, otherwise it is all behind the curtains game. Where nothing is absolute !!

Like for.e.g Post#32 he says looks similar now If one has to take a call based only on what is written in specifications, it is not really a value addition !! is it ? Like you said you have it and you have experienced so your feedback and comment becomes more valuable, not just comparing it online and telling others something like "Looks the same" That anybody can do it.

As far as showing Politeness to senior members what is senior ?? Just because he joined a forum some 10 years back and he has all the time in the world but to be on this forum and he is addicted to this forum and has a 1000 Post under his belt he is a senior ? I do not accept that Concept. But since you were trying to advise me I would say keep it to yourself. Again not required !!
I appreciate your so many words focused solely on me but I do regularly mention my knowledge as "nothing compared to real experts"(you can search my posts) & I think you misunderstood @quicky008 intention(aka missing the forest for the trees). When he said "industry" it probably means "here/forum/discussions about pc components" & not like I work in Audio/Video Industry with some formal background.

Post#32 is just to give you your own justification because by now we all agree that your opinion is the only deciding factor here after all the discussion & for that the only thing that matters is the tech specs. As already said by you, if you think audio/video is good enough for you then who are others to judge so if someone says he does find dell colours appeared a little washed out then as per your own logic unless you see it with your own eyes it should not be certain.

Politeness is indeed subjective in nature & depends on a person's viewpoint but it is also reciprocal in nature. e.g., I treat even a new member with few posts politely if he is asking the queries in a polite manner & treat a senior member with indifference if his tone is not polite.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Post#32 is just to give you your own justification because by now we all agree that your opinion is the only deciding factor here after all the discussion & for that the only thing that matters is the tech specs. As already said by you, if you think audio/video is good enough for you then who are others to judge so if someone says he does find dell colours appeared a little washed out then as per your own logic unless you see it with your own eyes it should not be certain.

Yes, but if an actual user who has the product and has seen the colours on both products, which I was quoting after reading it from somewhere then it matters. Then it is not just Specs written on the website but an actual user feedback. And I do not deny that.

And please can we get off this Senior/Junior thing !! (Very Indian, Only happens in India)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, but if an actual user who has the product and has seen the colours on both products, which I was quoting after reading it from somewhere then it matters. Then it is not just Specs written on the website but an actual user feedback. And I do not deny that.

And please can we get off this Senior/Junior thing !! (Very Indian, Only happens in India)
Well the whole point of colours & audio being subjective is that only,isn't it. If someone finds dell U2419C colours washed out compared to LG 24MP88HV then that does not mean you will also find the same.e.g.someone who prefers vivid colours with enhanced contrast will find natural colours(as per source content) washed out but not someone who prefers natural colours.

P.S. No senior/junior thing going on here at least from my side.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Well the whole point of colours & audio being subjective is that only,isn't it. If someone finds dell U2419C colours washed out compared to LG 24MP88HV then that does not mean you will also find the same.e.g.someone who prefers vivid colours with enhanced contrast will find natural colours(as per source content) washed out but not someone who prefers natural colours.

There is something called as Industry Standard Colour Calibration ? Acceptance ? A Day is Day for everyone and Night is Night for everyone. You cannot say a Day is what one perceives and could be night for other person :)

quicky008

Technomancer
Just because someone has been in any particular industry for a long time,it doesn't necessarily mean he or she is a guru/wizard/big-shot etc(nor did i claim as such in my original post).I only suggested that the person in question is greatly experienced by the virtue of the fact that he's been involved in this sector for a long time.

One doesn't have to be a guru/demi-god or whatever in order to be experienced(or atleast that what i'm given to understand,based on my own limited experience in this field ie IT).But of course i may be wrong-and there might be others out there who might be "profoundly" wiser than me,and might have entirely different and more "enlightened" views on this subject,which might never cross our own "feeble" minds(plagued as they are with the twin evils of ignorance and stupidity).To each his own i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom