LG Google Nexus 4 - Buying advice, plus points, draw backs and red flags.

Udicious

Right off the assembly line
Hello!

I guess the name of the thread itself is self-explanatory.

I am planning to ask a friend in the United States to get the Nexus 4 for me. On the basis of the specs give and for the price offered, the Nexus 4 is completely unparalleled.

I was just wondering if there are a few things I should keep in mind vis-a-vis Network compatibility, warranty issues (due to purchasing it from abroad) and any other issues I might face.

Or should I just wait for the moment they will launch it in India?

Thanks.

mastervk

In the zone
There will be no India warranty for it.Check with service center if they will have parts and if they can repair after paying ..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
If you want to buy it in India be ready to shell out atleast 25-30k for 8 GB i read a article that said, that Nexus 4 is being priced at 549 POUNDS in some country, that roughly comes to 35-40k :(

guru_urug

iGoogle
There will be no network issues for sure since its a penta-band phone.
Regarding warranty, Im not sure until LG makes an official comment on its warranty in India. LG is known to be pretty lenient with its warranty terms. LG regarding the optimus one I own released a statement that the warranty would be valid even for a rooted phone. So here's hoping that they provide international warranty(maybe too optimistic). Never the less buying from the US will cost you around 16k rupees. Even on the rare possibility that you do encounter a problem and are forced to pay out of your pocket for some repairs, it would still end up cheaper than buying it in India when it releases, assuming that it will be above the 30k point.

OP
U

Udicious

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot guys for your prompt and informed replies.

I guess the best thing to do would be to get it from the US itself. It's now available for pre-order on ebay for 24 grand.

I just wished there were no glitches when it comes to the warranty. Besides the glass on the back of the Nexus 4 is prone to getting, nicks, scratches and even major cracks, so having a warranty would work in your favour.

I wanted to know if anyone here already has the phone with them and what's their experience with it?

PS: Is there someone here who managed to redeem his warranty for a phone they got from abroad?

Top Bottom