LF>Online service for HOSTING PICTURES to an Online GROUP

Me and my friends take a lot of pictures. Some use Androids,Windows,iOs etc. However, the iPhone 5s tends to take the best snaps but its very difficult to share with the rest due to lack of Bluetooth Sharing and NFC in those fancy Rs50k phones.

So what we resort to is uploading on our Facebook Groups and WhatsApp Groups. The problem is that once they are uploaded, those fancy 8mpx pics are compressed so severely that's its intolerable for desktop users. Now those iPhone wielding people are all girls, they don't like tech stuffs, anything beyond tapping "Share" is mind boggling for them.

I advised them to use Imageshack or something but its too complex for them. They didnt go past the registration phase. Moreover they want a common space where all can pool in their pictures, like Facebook Groups and WhatsApp Groups (without the image compression)

S0....

Can u guys tell me of any Online service that allows us to
1) Upload pictures online from cellphones...to a "group" of sorts where all our friends can see it.
2) Can be viewed from phones and computer, and share it with people outside our friend circle(family, ex classmates etc)
3) Should be done from a cross platform app (iOS,Android and WinMo)
4) The mobile App should be free (and the service too)

sksundram

In the zone
google plus is the solution for you. it's a heaven for pro photographers as well as casual. try it.

read this in the meantime : *thenextweb.com/google/2013/11/07/depth-guide-google-photographers-storage-editing-sharing/1/

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Ok, imagine i am one of the girls with an iPhone 5s..

kindly explain me how to do this step by step?? Any app needed? Registration? Will it work for iPhone users?

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Re: LF>Online service for HOSTING PICTURES to an Online GROUP

Hope they dont downscale/compress the pictures after upload else my friends are gonna think i am a "nikkamma" with a fail idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, just found it, it doesn't support iOS "as of yet".. so iPhones are out of discussion.

Any other options?

sksundram

In the zone
are you kidding me? google plus is on Apple's app store and it supports full res pictures upto 2048px.

link: *itunes.apple.com/in/app/google+/id447119634?mt=8

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
LOLzz, i was looking at this article- Everything You Need to Know About Google Plus and Photos | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Turns out its a 2011 article.. Damn.. always..check...date...of...articles......

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Ok, Google+ COmmunities is out of question. It downsizes pictures..worse than Whatsapp :(

Anyone got any idea??? Is there someone who has actually tried out these services

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Minus - Share simply.
Its a social networking designed specially for sharing photos.
Doesn't compress images.
Have Android and iPhone apps.

Top Bottom