Let's build a 2.0 Semi Hi-End Audio setup around 15 K

wraj

Random Scribbler !
Hi Mates,

I'd like to know the Digitian's take over best available Semi Hi-End Acoustic solution around 15K.

My Take is

2.0 Setup :
Audio Engine A2 --> ~10K
X Fi Xtreme Audio --> ~3.5K

I personally don't like 2.1 configuration as an audiophile, and my interest is limited to Music only (casual movies and no gaming), so 2.0 configuration comes to be an obvious choice for me.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Audioengine 2 have got nothing to do with being audiophile speakers.They are not audiophile speakers.Period.

I had the initial impression about them being excellent from reviews from net.But if you dig further they have a very funny muddy sound to them.And when I tested them my doubts were confirmed.

Atleast Audioengine 5 is somewhat better to this aspect.More complete sound there.And not that much muffled sound .But not very good.Very fatiguing with prominent bass.And that they share same dome silk tweeters with A2 shows.

With the neutral sound of M-audio M40 they are ok speakers but way too laid back.

However couldn't agree more to your 2.1 speaker setup.I am always so disappointed with bass rolling off on subs.
The fact of the matter is there is no AUDIOPHILE speakers around 15K or 20K.

Lowest i could test were Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 for about 25K which are good audio grade music speakers.
Then of course Adam A7/A5 monitor speakers are better too but expensive.

OP
wraj

wraj

Random Scribbler !
I agree with you partially. But the price bracket mentioned was the sole constraint. If one could escalate the budget to 25K, then there will be myriad of options coming in from Denon,Tannoy, Onkyo, Diamond Audio etc ...

Yes, MAudio will be the next best thing to have !!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^^ Denon ,Onkyo , diamond Audio , Kef , Mourdant short ,would come under AMP+Speaker category and not computer speakers or active speakers that can be used with PC

OP
wraj

wraj

Random Scribbler !
Yes, but that was when the price were upped to 25k or more, so sticking to Active Speakers doesn't gets necessary too !!!

nishanth_che

Broken In
Hi

Its hard to recommend a 2.0 speaker in that price range without knowing what kind of sound your looking for. Try auditioning the Audioengine speaker range and also you might be interested in their desktop amp and P4 passive speaker setup which should cost around 20k or so. If you want to look at other options then almost of all of the speakers in the price range will be of the studio monitors types which tend to have a neutral sound. If your ok with studio monitor type speakers then you can check out speakers from brand like Alesis, JBL, Behringer and some other brands which are available at music shops which stock speakers.

As for the sound card, I would suggest you to get a Asus Xonar soundcard. The Xonar DX model would be a good buy at around 4K. It has 24-bit Cirrus-Logic A-D Converter with specs like 116dB SNR which are superior to the Creative's X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

OP
wraj

wraj

Random Scribbler !
Thanks Above !!!
I personally don't like the idea of having 2.1 Speaker Sets touted as premium on in the range of 15K with supposedly great sound. So I was wondering if we had 2.0 configuration with fuller, warm or neutral sound dedicated for music in this price bracket.

Top Bottom