Lenovo Samsung NP550P5C-S04/06IN vs Lenovo Z500

Satronix

The Exobyte System
Hey guys, after two months of research I've decided to go for either the Lenovo Z500 or the Samsung NP550P5C-S04 or S06IN. I need help choosing one over the other: The only reason I'm hesitating to go for the Samsung is that I've read that there are throttling issues. Apart from that I see no other problem. Can you please advice on what model to go for? Also, is it worth waiting till Diwali to get it? I'll be getting either one from Flipkart. Thanks :)

PS: I'm aware that there was another thread about the same topic, but I didn't get a clear picture.

EDIT: Sorry about the weird title, didn't notice.

Last edited:
OP
S

Satronix

The Exobyte System
I checked the Samsung thread and it seems it still heats up and throttles during gaming and some mentioned that changing the MB fixed their problem. For me, the primary concern is this itself, since I do plan on gaming, but only maybe for a couple of hours or so at a time. If there is no throttling issue, then there is no other problem.
Is the 650M that much better than the 740M?
What about build quality?
And finally, should I wait till Diwali to get it?
Cheers.

$hadow

Geek in making
Samsung any day is better than lenovo one. Coz of a high performance gpu and fixed throttling issues.

Last edited:
OP
S

Satronix

The Exobyte System
Thanks for all the replies. One more thing, is it worth waiting till Diwali to get it? I know Flipkart has Diwali offers but does it extend to laptops as well?

Top Bottom