Lenovo p780 or Lenovo s660 or anyother?

ajroxx16

Broken In
Hello, i am going to buy a phone under 15k. I shortlisted above 2 phones and now i am confused which one to buy???

Both have good battery life , but s660 is quiet upgraded version.

I was looking for a phone under 15k with a good battery life, good camera quality (not like 13mpx camera phones which gives 3rd grade picture quality), flash, lesser negative reviews, expandable, 4 or 8 gb internal, 1gb ram.

i searched on gsm arena about both phones and p780 had least negative reviews but is quiet older version compared to s660.

Suggest me one among both or any other suiting my search.

Regards

OP
A

ajroxx16

Broken In
Cant trust MMX too :D
I am getting long battery life in mentioned phones and very less or no negative reviews about them. I will b using my phone for normal internet use, skyping, rare gaming and lil bit of business use.
My first priority is battery life cuz i will b using it 24x7 for googling and reading ebooks on the go.

Samsung is like china, reproducing like hell with same looks :/

I'm not that much into cellphones specs. like Processor type, GPU type, type of bit support, basically hardware part you can say, so i took help of this forum for some experts advice.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Gionee M2 is good but display is bad very less ppi.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=278302]AJR[/MENTION]oxx 16 may i know your budget?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
avoid lenovo, great build and stuff like very top notch but lack of updates and even unofficial roms is a pain(i own a lenovo tablet)
get the LG,Moto(or even lenovo if you want a sturdy phone) avoid gionee and those other oems trust me

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Gionee is not bad, infact their phones have good quality. I'm using P2 and it is very good for the price I paid. My brothers and a couple of colleagues are also using Gionee and they are satisfied. Gionee M2 is a good phone, but the display resolution is mediocre.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Gionee is not bad, infact their phones have good quality. I'm using P2 and it is very good for the price I paid. My brothers and a couple of colleagues are also using Gionee and they are satisfied. Gionee M2 is a good phone, but the display resolution is mediocre.

all the indian and chinese oems have issues(hardware),if not they will develop it soon for sure
after sales which is already a joke even for apple,nokia etc is worse with micromax,lava,gionee,lenovo etc

OP
A

ajroxx16

Broken In
i wont b installing custom roms , will just root and remove unnecessary apps again unroot.
M planning to try mozilla os on my new phone.

i am not bothered about official releases.
What are the % chances of lenovo or gionee or xolo phones getting bricked ? :/
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]: Chinese oem's made for India are of poor quality, they sell good quality in their country :/

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i wont b installing custom roms , will just root and remove unnecessary apps again unroot.

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]: Chinese oem's made for India are of poor quality, they sell good quality in their country :/

thing is the preinstalled roms such as touchwiz,ideadesktop etc are very heavy on the system and unofficial roms are really needed in these phones plus mozilla OS (and ubuntu touch) can only be installed on supported phones which doesnt include indian and chinese oem phones afaik
brick chances are low as such (hardware wise its possible even on flagship phones such as htc one or galaxy s5)
avoid xolo,get lenovo instead of xolo etc,i suggest Moto over all these brands though

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

1. once you root, you won't want to unroot. After rooting, you can utilise the phone to a greater extent compared to an unrooted one.
2. the chinese phones which are sold in India by Micromax/Xolo/Lava/Spice/etc are rebranded ones, hence they aren't Chinese OEMs as per say. They themselves don't do much RnD leading to the poor quality. However, those Chinese brands who sell the phone under their own branding are Chinese OEMs like Gionee, Oppo, Xiaomi, etc.

Top Bottom