Lenovo G510 Boot issue(s)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No need to worry about power count on ssd as they don't have any mechanical system. SSD is just chips unlike hdd where it has a moving head,motor,platter etc(that is why it is called mechanical subsystem of a hdd) so it doesn't matter how many times you turn it on & off because nothing is moving inside ssd.

Yes,try ubuntu in live as it will rule out any installation/driver issues.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I made the USB. But then thought, if the Laptop doesn't show anything when booting, how will I boot to USB.

Was busy over the weekend, couldn't do any debugging.
Today, two things happened.
One, In the morning, I tried to start the laptop (I switch on in the morning, and it's on all day till night, when I switch it off). It started with the same issue. Indicator lights on, no screen.
I closed and reopened the lid a few times and voila, the screen came on.

I slept in the afternoon, woke up to find laptop in sleep. Tried turning it on, couldn't. (The lid wasn't closed this whole time, so It should have just came on with a mouse shake/enter press, right?)

I connected an external screen via VGA. And pressed the present button. It showed up on the screen. I'm using it like this now.

I'm totally confused now. One idea is maybe it is the cable. But then how did it just stop working without any lid movement during the afternoon?
I still have the USB ready.

In case I should still try with Ubuntu live disk.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
If laptop is working fine with external monitor then issue is with laptop graphics.
Laptop graphics, you mean LCD display or cable, right? And not the Graphics drivers?
Or can it be monitor drivers as well?

About the Laptop's display assembly, there are majorly two parts,the display and the cable. I think it might be the cable, cuz that's what is at the point of motion(hinges).

Should I open the laptop up and try? Or should I order a cable first(being more sure about it being faulty).

Edit:
I just checked how the internal display is showing up in the device manager. It's showing up as "Digital Flat Panel (1280x 1024 60Hz)".
The panel resolution is 1368x768.
I think there's something there. That cannot be due to an external monitor being attached, right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant integrated graphics on processor/display circuit on mobo. Better get it checked at some local laptop repair shop as laptop screen disassembly is delicate & you might end up breaking the cable completely. If laptop is working fine with external display in all situations then issue is with laptop display/graphics.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I meant integrated graphics on processor/display circuit on mobo. Better get it checked at some local laptop repair shop as laptop screen disassembly is delicate & you might end up breaking the cable completely. If laptop is working fine with external display in all situations then issue is with laptop display/graphics.
I'll try getting it checked then.
I had changed the chassis(outer plastic case) myself about an year ago.
On one hand, I think I can check this. Another hand, maybe that's how I did something wrong.
I'll get it checked from a professional now. :D

Top Bottom