Lenovo G50-45 problems : Screen flickering , unresponsive touchpad , formatted genuine windows

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys, i had purchased a lenovo G50-45 laptop (AMD A6 6310, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD) from local shop and added 2gb zion ram at the shop itself, making total RAM = 4GB.

I am facing 3 issues with this laptop:

1. Screen flicker: Although not always, but sometimes when there is a small gif playing on the screen or even if i move my cursor, screen flickers. Flicker stops as soon as i stop moving cursor (or if gif stops). But starts again as soon as i move cursor again. This problem solves itself after 10-15 seconds, but its very irritating as it occurs atleast 4-5 times per hour. (This happens only when i run the laptop on battery)

2. Unresponsive trackpad : This happened to me 6-7 times so far (in last 1 month). Sometimes mousepad becomes unreponsive and shows erratic movement of the cursor. problem solves automatically after i struggle with it for 50-60 seconds.

3. Accidentally wiped the hdd, including recovery images when i was trying to decrease the partition size of C drive. I was using easeus partition manager to perform this but somehow managed to wipe the hdd just 12 hours after i purchased this laptop :|
now that genuine windows 8.1 Single language is gone, i had no other option but to install a :ahem: version of windows.
Is there any chance that i will be able to install the genuine windows again? I have read somewhere that keys are embedded into the BIOS so i will be able to install win 8.1 SL and it won't ask me to enter key, it would read the key embedded in the bios and i will have my genuine windows back again. Is it possible?

What should i do to solve problem 1 and 2? visit lenovo ASC? my friend who owns dell inspiron 15 says both problems are normal, even he faces them frequently in his laptop.
and about the 3rd problem? What should i do?

This is the model i bought (this one features 4gb ram instead of 2gb that came with my g50-45)
Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1) (80E300GWIN) Rs.22490 Price in India - Buy Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1) (80E300GWIN) Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Last edited:

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Yup even I face flicker issues..

Also something is wrong with the WiFi drivers.. Sometimes have to switch WiFi on and off to get it working

Top Bottom