lenevo laptop battery query

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hi guys.I'm going to buy Lenevo Ideapad Z500.I found everything good in the laptop but i am worried about battery.It comes with non-removable battery.I think we need lenevo support to remove the battery.If my battery dies after 1 year after warranty period then lenevo will change it?and how much they will charge?

And how much they will charge under warranty period?

nandu26

In the zone
I am also considering z510 but it has non removable battery.

problem is if your battery goes out after 1-2 years then service people will take the laptop to their office. i think battery is embedded inside motherboard or something.

You can't remove the battery and plug it directly into AC power if your battery goes out.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
I am also considering z510 but it has non removable battery.

problem is if your battery goes out after 1-2 years then service people will take the laptop to their office. i think battery is embedded inside motherboard or something.

You can't remove the battery and plug it directly into AC power if your battery goes out.
Thinking of buying other laptop. but other laptop don't come in this range with these specs thinking of buying HP with i5 4200U.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The first time I had to change the bettery of my old lenovo was after 4 years. The shopkeeper told me that normal life of a battery is 3-4 years. It was giving a backup of 10 mins. Cost me 5k bucks.
My new lenovo y500 had battery problem in which it was dropping from 40% to directly 5 %. Apparently it was not calibrated properly and after charging to 100% once, the issue was fixed. Lenovo also has a app called Lenovo power management which keeps the battery safe and prevents wear of the battery.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
The first time I had to change the bettery of my old lenovo was after 4 years. The shopkeeper told me that normal life of a battery is 3-4 years. It was giving a backup of 10 mins. Cost me 5k bucks.
My new lenovo y500 had battery problem in which it was dropping from 40% to directly 5 %. Apparently it was not calibrated properly and after charging to 100% once, the issue was fixed. Lenovo also has a app called Lenovo power management which keeps the battery safe and prevents wear of the battery.
My question is how much they will cost because a 4 cell battery cost normally for 2k - 3k .

Top Bottom