LED TV for 25k

RageshAntony

In the zone
1. Budget?
Below 25k. Not Expandable!

2. Display type and size?
At or below 43" FHD or 4K format

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Streaming content off OTT platforms

4. Types and number of ports required?
2-3 HDMI, including HDMI 2.1, LAN, USB. Ability to connect 5.1 speakers

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Brand should be known for durability and long life. Good warranty

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Mi 5A but confusing

7. Any other info that you want to share.
looking for an Android TV os and not just a smart TV.
should have these features: phone casting, HDR+,HDR10, voice control, dual band wi-fi, Android 12 or above, 30W speakers , best viewing angles, above 2GB RAM and 16GB storage

Also is 1080p is enough. Because 4K contents not available practically since my OTTs subscribtions are 1080p. Also TVs streaming FHD only. I heard that 1080p looks blurry in 4K screen. ?

Redmi X43, Vu 4K or Hisense 4K 43" - get whichever is 25k or cheaper.

Check for service centres in your area. If I had to recommend one, it would be Vu as I heard they have better after sales than other small brands. Xiaomi might have a wider network though.

Samsung & LG 43" 4K started at 28k or so in last Diwali sales. So these can be considered if selling for this price. Samsung AUE60 is 27.5k on amazon right now, good TV with same panel as AUE65 & even AUE70.

You don't need full spec HDMI 2.1 unless you have a 4K 120Hz panel.

All budget TVs have ok 20-30W speakers. Don't bother about it, unless some TV has 60-80W speakers in-built. Still those won't sound better than a 5k soundbar with sub woofer. Check for eARC support in ports of TVs being considered. The eARC standard is superior to normal ARC, but I don't know if that is even beneficial for budget speaker setups. Budget TVs cater to budget audience, so they might skip it but many have it in 1 port.

IPS panels have the best viewing angles but most TVs at thise price are VA, including Samsung one. LG's cheapest model is IPS I think.

Last edited:
OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Redmi X43, Vu 4K or Hisense 4K 43" - get whichever is 25k or cheaper.

Check for service centres in your area. If I had to recommend one, it would be Vu as I heard they have better after sales than other small brands. Xiaomi might have a wider network though.

Samsung & LG 43" 4K started at 28k or so in last Diwali sales. So these can be considered if selling for this price. Samsung AUE60 is 27.5k on amazon right now, good TV with same panel as AUE65 & even AUE70.

You don't need full spec HDMI 2.1 unless you have a 4K 120Hz panel.

All budget TVs have ok 20-30W speakers. Don't bother about it, unless some TV has 60-80W speakers in-built. Still those won't sound better than a 5k soundbar with sub woofer. Check for eARC support in ports of TVs being considered. The eARC standard is superior to normal ARC, but I don't know if that is even beneficial for budget speaker setups. Budget TVs cater to budget audience, so they might skip it but many have it in 1 port.

IPS panels have the best viewing angles but most TVs at thise price are VA, including Samsung one. LG's cheapest model is IPS I think.

@omega44-xt Thanks. What about MI 43" 5A Series Full HD Smart Android LED TV L43M7-EAIN (Black) | *amzn.eu/d/hrDIDpg

It's 43" inch is just priced at 25k and specs looks good

Also, Is Android 10 is enough in Redmi x43?

@omega44-xt Thanks. What about MI 43" 5A Series Full HD Smart Android LED TV L43M7-EAIN (Black) | *amzn.eu/d/hrDIDpg

It's 43" inch is just priced at 25k and specs looks good

Also, Is Android 10 is enough in Redmi x43?
Why are you considering a 1080p TV when 4K is available in your budget? What specs does look good to you in 5A that is better than X43?

IMO 1080p TVs should be 16-17k to be worth buying.

Android TV OS version doesn't matter, all look & perform similarly.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Why are you considering a 1080p TV when 4K is available in your budget? What specs does look good to you in 5A that is better than X43?

IMO 1080p TVs should be 16-17k to be worth buying.

Android TV OS version doesn't matter, all look & perform similarly.
@omega44-xt

1. Redmi looks good. It hesitated due to Android 10, but ok
2. What about upscaling ? I heard 1080p looks blurry on 4K screen ? Does these models (Redmi x43, Acer,) have 1080 to 4K upscaling?
3. What about Acer models * amzn.eu/d/9fj5aNg ?
4. Any good LG models below 26k ?

@omega44-xt

1. Redmi looks good. It hesitated due to Android 10, but ok
2. What about upscaling ? I heard 1080p looks blurry on 4K screen ? Does these models (Redmi x43, Acer,) have 1080 to 4K upscaling?
3. What about Acer models * amzn.eu/d/9fj5aNg ?
4. Any good LG models below 26k ?
1. X43 is really the same as Mi TV 5X, so 5A is inferior in every aspect

2. Who told you so? Most people don't notice difference between 1080p & 4K content on 4K panel at TV viewing distance unless there's bitrate at play. 1080p to 2160p upscaling happens sorts of linearly, but 1080p to 1440p, not so much. So 1080p might look worse on 1440p screens, but nothing major.

3. Avoid, new to TVs, likely some rebadged Chinese ones.

4. No. Cheapest 4K is like 32k now, was 28k on sales earlier, no idea when such prices will be back again.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
@omega44-xt @Zangetsu we went to a local shop. They have hisense, LG, samsung, thoshiba

They have LG 32" 720p !!! for 19k and since the room is just tiny bedroom they told 32 is okay and this LG have IPS display for 19k

They were correct but 720p is a catch for me but I like this IPS

I asked for 1080p in LG IPS but they told after this only 4K 43 inch is available for 39k

But this is out of budget

I asked for 1080p IPS

They told that no models available in LG IPS that has 1080p at 32" or 40" and also none of the company producing this combo

Is that true ?

Problem was, My family not interested in these online only models like Redmi and also like the famous established brands like Samsung and LG

They have many models from Samsung, Hisense etc for they are not IPS

And I got a question at that time.

If non-IPS panel have bad viewing angles then how people buying that for 40k and 50k and watching them wall mounted?

And I like the IPS one but need atleast 1080p below 30k

Suggestions please?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Because many of us don't watch TV from an angle. Even if you notice in Theaters the seats are arranged straight to the projection screen.
Since, that is the ultimate viewing experience. That's why IPS is not given utmost importance in terms of viewing.

Gone are those days when we used to watch CRT TV from an angle as Kids.

IPS has its own share of advantages such as Photoshop Artists and Photographers need IPS for true color judgement in their work.

@omega44-xt @Zangetsu we went to a local shop. They have hisense, LG, samsung, thoshiba

They have LG 32" 720p !!! for 19k and since the room is just tiny bedroom they told 32 is okay and this LG have IPS display for 19k

They were correct but 720p is a catch for me but I like this IPS

I asked for 1080p in LG IPS but they told after this only 4K 43 inch is available for 39k

But this is out of budget

I asked for 1080p IPS

They told that no models available in LG IPS that has 1080p at 32" or 40" and also none of the company producing this combo

Is that true ?

Problem was, My family not interested in these online only models like Redmi and also like the famous established brands like Samsung and LG

They have many models from Samsung, Hisense etc for they are not IPS

And I got a question at that time.

If non-IPS panel have bad viewing angles then how people buying that for 40k and 50k and watching them wall mounted?

And I like the IPS one but need atleast 1080p below 30k

Suggestions please?
I purchased LG 32" 768p online for under 15k from FK or amazon for my grandparents a year or so back. Reason was village area didn't have service centres for small brands. 19k for it is overpriced for sure. LG had 43" 1080p TV for 25k+, was always a poor value, they might have ended it.

If service isn't an issue, my recommendations will stick to Redmi or Hisense.

Else Samsung or LG 43" 4K is near 30k. You pay a bit more because of brand.

Take your call based on your constraints.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
@omega44-xt @Zangetsu

Thanks.

1) The problem is IPS have good viewing angle and since it's for bedroom and they used to watch even when lying, that's why I prefer IPS

Is there any other brands that have IPS under 30k ?

2) Also, I have a doubt . The VA panels mentioning it's viewing angles are 178 degrees. So only 2 degrees left for flat 180. What does this mean?

@omega44-xt @Zangetsu

Thanks.

1) The problem is IPS have good viewing angle and since it's for bedroom and they used to watch even when lying, that's why I prefer IPS

Is there any other brands that have IPS under 30k ?

2) Also, I have a doubt . The VA panels mentioning it's viewing angles are 178 degrees. So only 2 degrees left for flat 180. What does this mean?
1. Not sure. If you are in front of TV, VA is not an issue unless you keep TV in oblique angles

2. VA suffer like 20% colour loss beyond 25 degrees from the edges. Check online about these, maybe read at rtings.com

Top Bottom