Lava Xolo X900: First Intel-based smartphone. How will it be?

X-jo

Broken In
When I had posted it, the price was 18k... Now, no longer the case...

Check out Lava XOLO X900 GSM Mobile Phone With Intel Inside for Rs.17,949

woah, i am new to this but i seriously don't understand how they can sell if for such a low price when officially in croma its selling for 22k. adexmart is selling for 20k and now timtara for 18k... anyone can explain this funda to me?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
woah, i am new to this but i seriously don't understand how they can sell if for such a low price when officially in croma its selling for 22k. adexmart is selling for 20k and now timtara for 18k... anyone can explain this funda to me?

The prices are set according to the dealers. Example . LAVA may be actually selling the phone in bulk qts to retailers at maybe say 15,000. Then the retailers decide their profit margin and then other factors like taxes and all come.. So thats why different retailers have different fundas of making money. Some say less pieces at higher costs while others claim more pieces at lower costs is more economical ... :D

X-jo

Broken In
The Lava Xolo X900 Performs As Well As Any Other Android Phone | ITProPortal.com

The Intel powered phone was compatible with nearly 100 per cent of existing applications, delivering impressive performance for everything, except games. Currently, the x86 architecture has some problems when running advanced games, an issue that should be resolved when developers start compiling code, specifically for this platform.

Benchmark tests performed by AnTuTu, the popular Android app, proved that Xolo X900 is a valid contender in the mobile market. Its total score topped Motorola's Photon, with 14 per cent, while claiming almost every section of the test.

TIMTARA.COM Reviews, TIMTARA.COM Online Shopping, Shopping Site, Information, Frauds, Security - MouthShut.com

man, timtara sucks big time.. i have read all complaints about it only in many other forums.. who the hell would buy if they are giving 4k less but takes 1-3 months to deliver.. no wonder their pretty discounts :p

Can someone confirm if this was manufactured by LAVA? I read that its by Gigabyte and Intel inc USA. Also there is no mention of LAVA in the the phone anywer is what i read.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
The Lava Xolo X900 Performs As Well As Any Other Android Phone | ITProPortal.com

TIMTARA.COM Reviews, TIMTARA.COM Online Shopping, Shopping Site, Information, Frauds, Security - MouthShut.com

man, timtara sucks big time.. i have read all complaints about it only in many other forums.. who the hell would buy if they are giving 4k less but takes 1-3 months to deliver.. no wonder their pretty discounts :p

Can someone confirm if this was manufactured by LAVA? I read that its by Gigabyte and Intel inc USA. Also there is no mention of LAVA in the the phone anywer is what i read.

Of course the phone is probably designed by intel only. But they have used LAVA as a base to launch their phone into the market because it is a lot cheaper than building a new company ...

X-jo

Broken In
Uh oh! Lava XOLO X900 has Intel inside but no battery connectors! | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

If you notice closely, the battery does not have any connectors! Instead, there are some wires sneaking out from the phone to which the battery has been, wait for it, taped! In essence, users cannot just pick up a spare battery and change it if one runs out of juice. Worse still, what if the connecting wires snap? No sir, nothing doing. You would have to go to a service centre and get it repaired!

here is the twist to the story, dunno how true it is.. ;)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well it is not taped obviously, however could be a finishing defect, most probably it is a socket. Something like this i believe. *www.1sorc.com/images/products/19593-2B.jpg

" Like other leading smartphones today, the XOLO X900 features a non-replaceable battery design. Because of this, there are no connectors and the battery is wired in. "

"Rajat,
There is a connector under the big plastic part you see there… just like some of the other smartphones with non-removable batteries"

some comments on the site

X-jo

Broken In
must be by those who envy the phone ;). flipkart should be getting this up...

SGS3: Performance should be good with that processor; while I didn't have time for any serious benchmarking, it ran SunSpider in 1,488 milliseconds. This is fast; it beats the HTC One X (AnandTech - The HTC One X for AT&T Review), though is still a little behind the x86-powered Lava XOLO X900 (The first Intel smartphone: comfortably mid-range, eminently credible, and quietly revolutionary).

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWR752f6H4
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG3djHv5W6A

benchmarks with SIII included
*cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/46294.png
*cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/46297.png
*cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/46301.png
*cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/46303.png

now thats what a 22k is worth of..

source - Samsung Galaxy S III Benchmarks Are In, This Thing Is A Screamin? Demon! | Redmond Pie

1800ms was once considered to be the very height of superior performance, but thanks to the S III along with the HTC One X and the XOLO, the stakes have been significantly raised once more. The step up, at least in terms of the Samsung Galaxy S III, is likely to be attributable to the software as opposed to the hardware, but collectively – as you can see from the above results – render it a close second to Intel’s Medfield residing in the XOLO X900.

Last edited:

X-jo

Broken In
and we have another unboxing video,
Lava Xolo Unboxing first Android phone with intel processor - YouTube

sachin21

Right off the assembly line
Friends, I came across this expert review of lava xolo x900 on reviews42.com...full review here

It goes something like this - The XOLO X900 employs a fairly simple and straight-forward design, with a soft plastic back and shiny bands running across the edges. An ever-so-slight curve of the corners is the sole aesthetic found on its rigid body. The device is grips well, and fits into one's pocket comfortably. It's 0.43 inches thick and weighs about 127 grams. Build quality is above average, though it's good to find Corning Gorilla Glass protecting the screen.

Top Bottom