Latest win 10 update volume slider issue

Guys after the latest windows update (latest build 1909 ), the volume slider in my taskbar is ruined.
I can move the volume slider left and right but the volume of my bluetooth speakers doesnt change. However i can move the slider to zero (Mute) and that does mute the sound.
I can still modify my volume through the hardware buttons on my bluetooth speaker (JBL Flip 3). When i do change volume through the physical keys, the volume slider in my taskbar moves accordingly.
I seriously hate windows updates. Few days back the search bar was bugged and i had to restart.
I will never ever update windows ever again i dont care if my Windows catches corona or some virus. Every update leads to more problems.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use some free imaging software like macrium reflect free to create a system image of windows before any update & then try the update,if it works then fine but if not then just restore the image.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You can roll back the updates. If it is a feature update, use the Windows 10 bootable DVD/USB and try the " troubleshoot " options. At one point you will see an option to " roll back updates ". Give it a try. Normally it works.

Also, Windows 10 makes a restore point when a feature update is made ( I think so ). Through the bootable DVD, check which one is the last restore point.

Hopefully one of this will help you.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
its too late now, i didnt make a backup
For current situation,yes but this is for future reference. I know people who make regular incremental backups running on ssd & can restore their system in less than 5 min if any update goes wrong but of course that requires more complicated setup & paid version. However for casual use,free version & some 40-50 min(total backup & restore) is not bad(assuming hdd & ~40-50gb C drive,if ssd then total time taken is less than half).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
For current situation,yes but this is for future reference. I know people who make regular incremental backups running on ssd & can restore their system in less than 5 min if any update goes wrong but of course that requires more complicated setup & paid version. However for casual use,free version & some 40-50 min(total backup & restore) is not bad(assuming hdd & ~40-50gb C drive,if ssd then total time taken is less than half).
Can we take a backup of the os only files using the inbuilt software? How much size does it take?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can we take a backup of the os only files using the inbuilt software? How much size does it take?
OS backup incl all system files+data+installed software in C drive.e.g.if your C drive is occupying 40GB space(out of 50gb C drive) then out of this ~5-6GB should be hibernation file(assuming 8gb ram) which will be automatically excluded by imaging software along with some few hundred mb page file. Other than these files everything else will be incl(that is why it is a good idea to move your documents & downloads folders to another drive) so total image file size will be ~32-33GB.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
OS backup incl all system files+data+installed software in C drive.e.g.if your C drive is occupying 40GB space(out of 50gb C drive) then out of this ~5-6GB should be hibernation file(assuming 8gb ram) which will be automatically excluded by imaging software along with some few hundred mb page file. Other than these files everything else will be incl(that is why it is a good idea to move your documents & downloads folders to another drive) so total image file size will be ~32-33GB.
A game installed will be copied too?

Top Bottom