Laptop under 60K?

Nil253259

Right off the assembly line
Planning to buy a new laptop under 60K.
Is this the best option possible in this range?

Asus GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB RAM 1TB HDD 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graph | eBay

Things not really necessary for me:
1. I am not a gamer. So graphics card does not matter
2. I do not need windows pre installed.

I am doing my MBA and need laptop primarily for study (lots of softcopies to read), MS Office work and watching movies. The only game which I may occasionally play is FIFA.

What I want to put emphasis on is that I would definitely prefer FHD IPS display. And I want a responsive and fast machine while I will be browsing/working on a bunch of docs/excels/pdfs. So CPU is one of the key things here (probably? SSD may help. but I am not thinking about that as of now).

I have a HP Pavilion X360 right now, but it is a crap. I can't bear that slow piece of s**t as my primary laptop. I want something which would last for the next 3 years or so..

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. I just wanted to convey the message what my actual priority is and in which way I want it to be customized.

Last edited:
OP
Nil253259

Nil253259

It doesn't have IPS panel it seems!

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] any thought?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That Asus ROG laptop does seem to have the best config available for that budget currently. OEMs fool us by giving ULV i7s at 60k+ price.
I say go for it. :thumbs:

OP
Nil253259

Nil253259

Yep.. I think that's it then. I was even thinking about importing Sager from XoticPc, but with Asus international warranty ROG would be my best bet. Only the IPS FHD will be greatly missed. :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
just add another 4 GB Stick of RAM and you are good to go, the price is really good for what it offers atm..
Also dont forget to use a 10% off coupon and specify your preferred courier to them..
Happy buying

laiinlid

Even im looking for a premium gaming laptop and my budget is 65k. This looks like a good deal but can we trust ebay and the seller over warranty and returns and if the product is even sealed, as he clearly mentioned its imported from dubai. Im looking forward to buy this too
Also will this machine handle present(gta 5, far cry, batman arkham knight) and future games in hd/fhd at 60 fps?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
GTA 5 and Farcry 4 easily, cannot say about batman arkham knight
Witcher 3, you will have to settle for medium settings

AFAIK, ASUS offers international warranty over laptops .. I do not know much about this seller but he is a powerseller and therefore, better than regular shady sellers that sprout about in ebay normally.. If you are purchasing, then its best if you inquire about all the details via phone.. ALSO, be sure to tell him to ship via your preferred courier and open the package infront of the courier to verify if fake/2nd hand or not

laiinlid

GTA 5 and Farcry 4 easily, cannot say about batman arkham knight
Witcher 3, you will have to settle for medium settings

AFAIK, ASUS offers international warranty over laptops .. I do not know much about this seller but he is a powerseller and therefore, better than regular shady sellers that sprout about in ebay normally.. If you are purchasing, then its best if you inquire about all the details via phone.. ALSO, be sure to tell him to ship via your preferred courier and open the package infront of the courier to verify if fake/2nd hand or not

Thank you for the reply so according to you its a great deal and go for It .coz Im willing to wait if 860m price fall below 65k

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes, ~55K for 950M is a unbeatable pricing .. You should still do a bit of research on that seller before ordering

you are also getting a gaming mouse with that package, honestly it seems too good to be true

OP
Nil253259

Nil253259

Check this out
*www.techenclave.com/community/threads/unboxing-asus-gl552j.174392/

OP has bought the item from the same seller. The seller has an account on that forum and he answered the queries.

If you want to read the entire saga
*www.techenclave.com/community/thre...p-for-gaming-that-should-last-3-years.173776/

MOD: i am not sure whether I can post links from other forums or not. If it's not allowed delete the post

laiinlid

Check this out
*www.techenclave.com/community/threads/unboxing-asus-gl552j.174392/

OP has bought the item from the same seller. The seller has an account on that forum and he answered the queries.

If you want to read the entire saga
*www.techenclave.com/community/thre...p-for-gaming-that-should-last-3-years.173776/

MOD: i am not sure whether I can post links from other forums or not. If it's not allowed delete the post

Thanks for sharing this .. is here a major difference between 4gb gddr3 and 2 gb gddr5 graphic memory

Last edited:
Top Bottom