Laptop under 45K

sly_arnie

Broken In
Hi fellow forum users,

The specs I need are mentioned below:

Brief Summary: Planning to use the laptop Bit of programming, surfing, watching HD movies, Skyping, (No gaming or hardly at all), may be a bit virtualization (not decided though), reading lots of PDFs (would be ideal to buy a Kindle or e-book reader for this or will this laptop suffice?)
Additional points:
  • Silent, no heating issues (would be using it in hot places like Aurangabad, mumbai where temp can soar to 42-45 deg C).
  • Ideally an extended warranty of 2 year (1+2 years total). Ideally would like to have it included in price of laptop but ready to buy on too (Is it advisable to go for an additional 2 years of extended warranty)
  • Comparison between Lenovo G510 vs Z series? pros and cons
  • Is products on Flipkart genuine. Fk vs local vendor
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Around 45K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Bit of programming, surfing, watching HD movies, Skyping, reading PDFs. (No gaming or hardly at all)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
  • i5 (4th gen,haswell), ideally M processor but can settle for U
  • 4-8 gb ram
  • 15 inch screen ideally matt
  • No GPU (it consumes battery and causes lot of heat, not reqd in my case)
  • Extended warranty of 2 years
  • Ideally Li cell but I guess I wont get that so would settle for Ni (as they are lighter)
  • Matt body ideally but not necessary
  • I have earmarked Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398343) – 15.6″ Intel Core i5 4th Gen DOS Laptop

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Lenovo, Dell, HP
b. Dislike:The rest

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ): Highest in the price range
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ): FK or local, not sure

Thanks for the patient read.:)

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@op, go with that Lenovo G510 (or Z510) :doublethumb:

Though get one with a dedicated GPU, because laptops GPU's can't be upgraded (for the budget). would be good in case you change your mind and want to game a little bit.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How's this compared to your G510 ??
IdeaPad Z50 FHD (Silver) - Full HD | Lenovo India | The DO Store

i don't own a G510 :lol:

z50 has good screen but the GPU is weak. also the processor is ULV one. They should've given a M one like in the Z510/G510.

Z50 can be a good buy too going by @op's requirements. :)

udaylunawat

In the zone
i don't own a G510 :lol:

z50 has good screen but the GPU is weak. also the processor is ULV one. They should've given a M one like in the Z510/G510.

Z50 can be a good buy too going by @op's requirements. :)
He doesn't need a GPU. Also is there a variant of z50 with FHD and 840m under 50k if you know ??

OP
S

sly_arnie

Broken In
Hi

A query. What is the difference between z series (z510 & z50)and G510 (dos version). I prefer dos version. Isn't it true that GPU reduces the battery life and causes excessive heat? Hence I am not going for GPU unit. Diff of about 4K should not be an issue. Let me know if I understanding is correct.

Secondly is extended warranty of 2 years a good idea. Lenovo is not giving it but HP is. Should this be a deal breaker? Or if you buy a Lenovo warranty becomes an non-issue. Let m know you thoughts.

Thirdly is FK a good place to buy?

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi

A query. What is the difference between z series (z510 & z50)and G510 (dos version). I prefer dos version. Isn't it true that GPU reduces the battery life and causes excessive heat? Hence I am not going for GPU unit. Diff of about 4K should not be an issue. Let me know if I understanding is correct.

Secondly is extended warranty of 2 years a good idea. Lenovo is not giving it but HP is. Should this be a deal breaker? Or if you buy a Lenovo warranty becomes an non-issue. Let m know you thoughts.

Thirdly is FK a good place to buy?

Thanks

:facepalm:

its not true. GPU doesn't runs all the time. it'll work only if a program is configured to use it like a game (not facebook/inbuilt/flash based games -_-)

- - - Updated - - -

You can call Lenovo CC to get extended warranty. Choosing an underpowered laptop just for the sake of getting extended warranty isn't worth it IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

also, use the laptop plugged in all the time and on battery only for emergencies (like giving a presentation, travelling, no electricity, etc)

don't charge and discharge the battery too quickly and unnecessarily. Don't game on battery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom