Laptop under 30K for Thesis work and PPT,Doc preparation

lutenic

Broken In
This laptop is required for my sister who is pursuing MD. She needs to make regular presentation every month and present to her College and also need to work on her thesis. So a lot of writing and ppt making would be required and also a light usage for songs and movies.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans: From 25K to 30K (32K max)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
Ans: Under 15" (13-14 best)

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Ans: MS Office usage, continuous for 10-15 hours. My sister has 36 hours Posting in her MD.She maybe using it for long hours.
Little bit of songs and movies.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Core i3 would do fer her usage. 1 Tb HDD would be desirable as he has a lot of medical videos and tutorials.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Lenovo
b. Dislike: Acer, Asus and others

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) : Any would do.
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ): No preference
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ): Online better.
Neither me nor her gets any time to visit place like Nehru Place in Delhi. I am in Noida btw.

I had checked the notebooks from MMX, iBall,Lava, Acer but my sister insisted on more robust, reliable powerful laptops of her work.

OP
lutenic

lutenic

Broken In
One good option i found is:
HP Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) 15-BE012TU Laptop Rs.27490 Price in India - Buy HP Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) 15-BE012TU Laptop SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

same is available on same price on Amazon too.

Could you guys please suggest any even better in this range.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Can buy any with basic things in it. You can also go for Dell even Toshiba also
Be more specific with your suggestions. At the least mention model series. "Buy any with basic things" is not useful the OP in anyway.

Last edited:
OP
lutenic

lutenic

Broken In
Bought HP one
HP Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) 15-BE012TU Laptop Rs.27490 Price in India - Buy HP Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) 15-BE012TU Laptop SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

from Flipkart for 25999/-. Will add 4 GB RAM later.

Delivery by Monday,will post about it.

sohan_92

In the zone
Bought HP one

from Flipkart for 25999/-. Will add 4 GB RAM later.

Delivery by Monday,will post about it.
Kudos for your new purchase. Please provide some review after serveral days of use.

Top Bottom